What is your REAL job?

Aeronaut

Build+Crash= +more power!
I am 17 years old in 3 day and currently a student in high school but not for long as I am starting senior year this fall(gasp already?) Planning to study aerospace engineering in college and get my private pilots license concurrently if the college I attend offers it. Eventually become a flight test engineer or something along those lines, would be cool to work for NASA or spaceX.
shameless plug but check out my new youtube channel AeronautFPV!

menus666

electrician in a hydro-electric powerplants in the north of Québec

1 hours of flight in a DH8 Q400 to go working 8 day and come back for 6 day off and repeat...

Last edited:

Loudmouthman

Self Employed still learning as I go

I'm self employed; my clients hire my services to make sure websites are secure or that suppliers are delivering according to the project. I've been compared to Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction but consider myself more like charlie brown from peanuts. I'm involved in the local, to the UK, STEM initiative called Stem Ambassdors and I have been fortunate enough to be asked to deliver STEM events around flight and multirotors; currently Im building a charlieplexing array to work with my particle photon to help with putting data onto a map in my town.

So my job; well its whatever no one else can work out how to deliver.

Daemon1954

Retired Electronics Technician. I repaired primarily radio equipment and computers. Hold CET, MCSE and CNE certifications

fdnyjery

I was a New York City Fireman for 23 years and a Registered Nurse for 45 years . Retired now, am 72yrs young. Went to my first Flite Fest this year... man am I hooked . What a wonderful time. Volunteered and met great people .Hope I live long enough to attend a bunch more.
fdnyjery aka Jerry

Nerobro

A Severe Lack of Sense
I am a system administrator at a medium sized telephone and internet services company. It means I do a lot of things, from building servers, and racking them, to writing code that gets billing done properly, to chasing vendors and facilities issues.

Hi, I'm Jack.

I read that as "I'm a student." Treat it as a job. That also means don't let it come home with you to much.. The Phrase "work life balance" is just as important as a teen as it is at 26, 39, and 52. But that is well beyond the scope of a "what's your job thread."

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am now retired. Ex-military (RAAF), Electronics and communications, Wifi Engineer, CCNA Etc,

My current 3 hobbies are:
1. Designing and building RC Aircraft.
2. Flying RC Aircraft
3. Repairing RC Aircraft.

So many models----------------so little time!:black_eyed:

ofiesens2

Professional noob
My job is surviving seventh grade math :)

Hey Joe, I'm from Michigan too! Feel free to PM me, maybe we can fly together sometime.

Anyway, I'm a high school Junior, likely to die of stress during the next 18 months due to my ridiculous course load coming up next year.
Presuming I survive, I'm hoping to go into Computer Science.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
I'm a Mechanical Engeneer for Automotive Car Industry, and Manager for Softwaredevelopment for automotive Software in Passenger car Automatic transmisión

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I work as Civil/Structural Engineer for the Electric Company. I currently design the steel transmission poles, and other structures for them.

In my past lives as a consultant, I have designed runways, roadways, bridges, building and retention/detention ponds, and wind turbine foundations. I have drafted, designed, calculated, specified and used a shoe-horn.

I Love to design, build, see my ideas built, and I have been known to see the world in vector forces. I think that may be why I'm attracted to the hobby.