What Plane is This?

kwak

I'm surprised this isn't a repeat.
It is. You posted the He 178 on 05-15-2016 (post #1509).

Folks, since Revere posted a plane that was a repeat he gets to post a different plane, unless he asks someone else to post instead. Also, the person who posts a plane gets to decide who correctly answers first. And the person who guessed correctly gets to post the next plane. Of course we do get occasions when nothing happens for several weeks.

Just above the first post on a page there is a "search thread" feature which can be used to check for repeats.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Okay I scrolled through some posts and it didn't show up

guess.jpg

and also to my last one akimboglueguns correct.

Last edited:

DKchris

Just screams Beechcraft to me; a model 18 in the AT-7 Navigator variant in this case......according to wikipedia:black_eyed:. First pic shown in their page on the model 18...:rolleyes::D......lovely choice though.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Just screams Beechcraft to me; a model 18 in the AT-7 Navigator variant in this case......according to wikipedia:black_eyed:. First pic shown in their page on the model 18...:rolleyes::D......lovely choice though.

yep thought it would be pretty easy though, anyway your turn;)

DKchris

Original message:

Ok, then let's try this one then - can you guess what's missing? whatsmissing.jpg

Changed my mind! Actually - let's just save that one for later!

We actually managed to skip Revere's turn when Grifflyer stepped in, so I'll hand this one back to him.
Your up Revere!

On a side note: Does this thread need a rule for how long to wait before "budging in" if someone doesn't react on it being their turn to post a new plane? Say...I don't know.....maybe something like 48 or 72 hours and who ever posts first after that takes over or something like that? I don't really feel we can blame Grifflyer and others for wanting to keep the thread moving.....and many of us do just pop in for a short spell every now and then.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
We actually managed to skip Revere's turn when Grifflyer stepped in, so I'll hand this one back to him.
Your up Revere!

oops:(:p

DKchris said:
On a side note: Does this thread need a rule for how long to wait before "budging in" if someone doesn't react on it being their turn to post a new plane? Say...I don't know.....maybe something like 48 or 72 hours and who ever posts first after that takes over or something like that? I don't really feel we can blame Grifflyer and others for wanting to keep the thread moving.....and many of us do just pop in for a short spell every now and then.

sounds fair enough.

kwak

There is one recent issue and one long standing issue.

The recent one is people jumping in out of turn, and others saying who is next while not paying attention to who really was next. See this in the original post. It only took a gentle reminder to sort this out.

the correct fastest fingers first wins, and gets to post the next question

The other is the how many days thing. This is both for people not guessing the current plane and for posting the next plane. This is also from the original post.

If 24hrs passed with no answer attempted (or subsequently thereof if any), kill will be awarded to poster.
This rule of 24 hours has never worked. It assumes everyone playing the game checks it more than once a day. From the years I've been playing this game it typically takes 2-3 days before people even see a new post. On harder ones it can take a week before anyone attempts a guess. But somewhere in the range of 2-3 weeks starts getting to be too long. We had a recent partial image which went a few weeks before anyone attempted guesses, and when those failed several more weeks before the game moved forward.

My own personal rule of thumb is at 3 weeks of nothing, if I want the game to move forward I step in and post a new plane.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
well it looks experimental

and it has a wing of a loire 46, a tail of a b-25, and a canopy similar to a messerschmitt bf 110G.

my best guess :)

but I can make a bunny :p

(\_/)
(*-*)
(^^)

Last edited:

DKchris

That's just one of those planes where you look at it and go "Wait, what? Errhhh....which end did you say was the front again??" :rolleyes:;)
delanne_c10_model1.jpg