What Plane is This?

DH.98

Tornado.JPG

kwak

Is it a Dassault Mirage G4-01 (G8-01), the 2 seat variant? The nomenclature is a little hard for me to follow since I have not found that particular photo to know if it was taken after the redesignation.

DH.98

Correct! It's a mirage G something, probably a G8-01 as I don't think the G4-01 ever flew under this designation, but I'm not totally sure either. Your turn.

kwak

Fun fact: the sponsorship on the fuselage was added at a later date to the original photo, way before Photoshop.

capture.jpg

Allenhat

If someone would like to post something for me I would be grateful. Otherwise it may be a little while before I can out something up.

kwak

You are correct.

When I was a kid, dad used to take me to a public park which had a paved R/C runway. I still remember the day when the only guy out there was doing touch and go's with his Mister Mulligan. His touch and go's alternated directions.

You're up.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Funny thing is, I knew it from the RC model as well. At my last RC field, one of the older gentleman had a GIANT version. So large in fact, that he built a swinging crane arm into his truck to help him lift the fuselage from the bed and lower it to the ground. Was quite an impressive sight!

Here is the next plane:
plane1.jpg