Where did the Blog posts go?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure, but this might have something to do with the forum being prepared to be moved to a different platform soon?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I have asked the Master of IT and everything else. Here is his explanation:

I had to turned it off in a whim as I discovered it was largely infested with SPAM and affecting our SEO very hard. The posts were not deleted - unfortunately VB4 doesn't have a batch remove features for spam blogs, which means they would need to be removed one at a time. The other thing is, we will not be able to migrate the blogs over, and instead we may be looking into incorporating more of the FTGroups.
I wouldn't dare ask any moderator to sit down and remove those spam blog entries, but if indeed someone is willing, we can bring it back - or make it read-only. Really open to any suggestions.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd just like to get my content back if possible and I'll throw it into more typical threads.

Any chance of that? :D

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Interesting. I had long been curious what the pros/cons of the forum blog compared to the rest of the forum. Still not sure.

If there is a move of the forum, I really really really hope the new version has Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down buttons, really. Ask me why. Go ahead.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Your wish has been granted. No down-votes, just agree or disagree along with like, funny, informative and creative.

eod9ej.JPG

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Thank you for the blog content access again - I've got all my stuff copied out so you can shut down that loophole the spammers were using without me whining anymore. :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Am I dreaming?

Your wish has been granted. No down-votes, just agree or disagree along with like, funny, informative and creative.

View attachment 88847
Ok so no down votes; I can live with that. April 1st is long past Stefan. Don't mess with me on this one. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted and waited for this?

TexMexRobot, since you insist, way back when this forum came out I grew increasingly frustrated over that fact that people would post brilliant things and the more acclaim it had the more buried it would become in the thread. By clicking on a mere button which could tally likes (or agree, disagree, etc) one could leave the excellent thought in a more prominent state.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?88-Thumbs-Up-Down&highlight=thumbs+button

So then, if this is not in jest, my next question of course is when?

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Robert here, but if things go wrong you can blame Stefan :)

The screenshot is from the new actual forum. Very difficult to set a date but I really hope it will be before FFE - it all depends on how everything else is going, lots of projects underway. So far initial migrations were successful, albeit 72 hours data transfer each; we are moving to a different platform and a different cloud environment at the same time. Some work is still needed to maintain correct rendering of certain old posts elements - as we have to phase away from allowing bare HTML code in forum posts.

I am only revealing these details as will be a massive upgrade and I believe some cleanup and some good old patience may be needed before we are completely through. The improved security, portability and some other features members have been asking for are well worth the effort. I am planning on running a closed beta very soon, mostly with moderators - and since you asked, I will place you at the very top of the list ;)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I almost started a blog last week.... guess it's a good thing I didn't. LOL

Cheers!
LitterBug

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Balu, you know how strict we are with protocol, and this list is one of the most sacred beta list there is. Just this one time, he will receive the invite 1/2 µs before you - first and last time, I promise :p

Robert

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I don't think we should have a thumbs up.

If we like something on FliteTest we should give it a gremlin. :)