Z bend pliers

Brett_N

Yep, I've got one of those as well. Have 2 - one is a Weller that's about 30 years old, and the HF job.

I like the HF one since it doesn't have the long "soldering iron" type snout on it - shorter, so easier to control.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I dont use the long snap blades anymore i use the long solid one piece razor blades, but this trick works with the snap blades as well. Instead of having to change your blades all the time, sharpen them. This takes like 5 seconds, is way way faster than changing blades, and works amazing. I havent changed my blade in about a year. Heres where i learned about this cheap tool:
2:14 in video

Link to tool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e=as2&tag=puniprop-20&linkId=YZ2BLZUWNK7A5RBQ

Threedog

This is turning into a pretty good discussion with a lot of good info. There is a harbor freight near where I work. I picked up a nice multi-purpose workbench from there the other day that I'm decking out with magnets and hooks to store tools and wires and such. I'll go back there in the next few days and look for that hot knife combo.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Also a quick note with the knife combo, the exacto blade it comes with is unusable, it is as dull as a butter knife, so make sure you get some spares when you get it. Other than that small mishap it works great!