ZOP Batteries

Ray K

Ray K
Been trying to find some decent reviews on the ZOP battery line from Banggood. Not having a lot of luck, but come away with a slightly negative impression. Watched one guy in Germany, I think it was, who got a good 14 minutes of flight time on his hexacopter using a 5200 mah ZOP driving those 6 motors. Don't know the size of the motors or their rating. Did a search on this forum and really didn't find out much. I'm wanting a battery for my big Guinea Pig that'll give me more than a relatively quick takeoff and landing. That with the 2200 mah 3S Hyperions. Most of the ones I've seen start getting pretty expensive above that rating so I'm looking for cheaper alternatives. Also watched one where the guy tore down a graphene battery. He said they didn't have graphene in the construction but cobalt. That was a Turnigy (Sp?) brand. Me, I have no idea about the material. Anyone have any knowledge they can share?

Last edited:

Fyathyrio

No particular experience with ZOP, but I've tried similar ones in the past. Even if they work well to start with, they generally have high internal resistance and will wear out sooner than known brands. I've found that most Hobby King brands are of similar low quality, or at least way over rated, particularly the C rating. After years of flying and trying differernt batteries, I've settled on the basic blue Gens Ace and the black China Hobby Line brands. Both last a long time and don't puff after only a year or so. Get on the mailing lists and watch for sales, you can get good prices too.

Ray K

Ray K
Thank you, sir. I will most certainly get on those mailing lists as you suggest. At this point, I'm afraid all my r/c knowledge resides in a thimble.