Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    terrorizing squirrels FinalGlideAus's Avatar
    Yes the video trace is for the video signal. I didn't use it because my vtx is up the front to balance the copter.

I'm surprised you ran out of room. I was thinking the body needed to be smaller because of the wasted space!

I always order my flight controllers without the pins soldered so I can customize the install for the copter I'm building. My pins are al on the bottom and facing inwards with only the pins I am using soldered on.
    We need another law like we need more jerks...

Also, there are two holes each side of the battery lead solder pads. That is for a ziptie to act as a strain relief, otherwise the battery lead will fatigue at the solder pad over time and break. Unfortunately the ziptie holes don't work as they're in the wrong spot. To fix this I soldered to battery lead to the solder pads further in and the the ziptie could do its job.

Yeh I ran out of space quite quickly it seems. I must be using larger components even though I'm trying to strip things down as small as possible. One thing I know I have to do after trying to put the fpv gear on is cut some of the excess wires that I've just been tieing up. That should give me some more room by the Vtx. I actually decided not to use the board trace for video and just connected it directly to the Vtx signal wire.

The issue I seem to be having now is my board cam plate wont fit in the slot it supposed to on the board. I tried to use a flat screw drive to get some more space but no luck so far. I did notice this earlier when I put the frame together to test it out but I though I could squeeze it together. Carbon fiber doesn't like squeezing... I also might have damaged my camera in the squeezing so I have to be a bit more careful. The top plate slides in nicely but the bottom not so much.

I see what you mean about battery lead solder pad, I did a quick LOS test flight today and they are a bit bent out of place already. Crashing a few times in testing didn't help either. So I may try the zip tie even though I don't have it solder in the best place for it.
    Quote: My quad just pulled an Icarus...

My fleet:
    DroneKraft Mach300 GT - In the Works...maybe
    BlueSkyRc Tricopter - Needs Re-tuning
    BlackOut Mini H Quad
    Hovership Micro H Quad - In the Hangar
    SSHQuad v3 - In need of Repairs
    Turnigy Micro Quad #2 - Dead
    Turnigy Micro Quad #1 - Dead
    Red Eye One
    Blade Nano QX
    Hubsan X4 107D
    Hubsan X4 107C #2 - Broken
    Hubsan X4 107C #1 - Dead/Lost
    Hubsan X4 107L

I've heard a few guys say the camera plate won't fit in the PDB. The solution is to "carefully!" File the slot in the PDB. There is a bit of playing room before you get to the copper trace on the PDB but do it slowly.

Thanks for the solution. I will be sure to take my time. Now I just need to find a filer.

My fleet:
    BlackOut Mini H Quad
    Red Eye One
    Blade Nano QX
    Hubsan X4 107D
    Hubsan X4 107L

It flies...like a mini tank. I put it through 8 batteries yesterday (6fpv) and it was a blast.

This video is a edit of my first two flights so I didn't take it to hard on it but the second video I'm making I attempted a few things one of which got me stuck in a tree. It seems as long as I don't get caught on high plants or branches I can recover as long as I have space. But how do you keep it clean? Mine is messy with grass stains already, I should not have used white heatshrink on some parts.

I still need to do a few things to before the build is completed the way I would like it to be.
    • Get the right Coaxial Cable so I can mount the antenna on top.
    • Remount the Vtx with the zipties flat(or use rapstraps(which are awesome)) so I can place the batteries on top better.
    • Resolder the power cable since it is starting to show it's being stressed.
    • ​Apply liquid electrical tape on everything.

I'll probably wont do any of this still tomorrow when it's supposed to be raining and I wont be able to fly anyway. Also I seem to have damaged my camera port where the osd controls go so I can't change them. Luckily I did a quick setup before I broke it somehow but I guess I will need to get a new one eventually.

Thanks for everyone's helps so far.

My fleet:
    BlackOut Mini H Quad
    Red Eye One
    Blade Nano QX
    Hubsan X4 107D
    Hubsan X4 107L

You don't keep the quad clean : grass (and dust) is the proof that you're actually using it
    That's why we recommended liquid tape on any exposed electrical connection.

For the power cable, there's actually 2 holes that are there so you can ziptie the cable to the PDB (strain relief). They are not located at the best position, but it can be worked around. See FGA's build log : http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...l=1#post106087 (fourth picture)

Well done mate, you'll be screaming around at full throttle in no time.

You gotta choose if you want a pretty and clean hangar queen quad or a dirty racer. I prefer the racer as it's much more fun .

Just thought I would update this thread with some of my latest videos while still waiting for some parts to finish the build.

Attempted to make an obstacle to fly through, was only able to navigate it once.

Cars are fair game to fly over if their in your drive way. Didn't actually make it over my first time but I edited that one out this time.

and part 2 of my first flight which is pretty boring minus being able to keep some consistent flying speeds at the end.

My fleet:
    BlackOut Mini H Quad
    Red Eye One
    Blade Nano QX
    Hubsan X4 107D