Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
    Found out that the Cellophane does shrink WELL. A bit too well as the wing tips on the Storch wing curled up. Could be reheated and reshaped by adding a rib.

TIP: Cellophane does heat shrink A LOT.
    TIP: Mod Podge decoupage glue is great for DTFB edge treatment, waterproof and cheap and LIGHT(-:

Recently completed building the FT Simple Storch after picking up the quick build kit and power pack at Flitefest West. Built and flown a couple of drones but I am new to fixed wing. I followed the build video but the quick build kit contained a card with an introduction, specs and on the back the following text.
    "For best results, install all the linkage stoppers in the third hole from the center of the servos. On the ailerons and rudder, insert the push rod into the first hole from the hinge line on the control horn. On the elevator, insert the pushrod into the second hole from the hinge line on the controller horn"
    In the build video it appeared Josh installed the push rod into the 3rd hole from the hinge line on all control surfaces. Appreciate any advice on this - Richard

control throws on Storch

Hi,
    I would follow the written instructions. Josh is an experienced flier and can handle a lot more control movement or throw.
    The horn on the servo is inverse to the horn on the ailerons, rudder and elevator. moving out on the servo arm is MORE throw and moving in on the other is more. Geometry DID have a practical purpose after all
    Check and see if there is an inch measurement of the throws. I will too and get back to you.

No upper struts?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior7906 View Post
    Hi,
    It looks like you left off the landing gear struts that normally run to the upper fuselage. I have been thinking of doing exactly that, to allow for a bit of shock absorption. How has it worked for you?

Thanks.

I have a Power Pod C that I purchased & built for the Bloody Baron. If I understand correctly, the Storch should accept that power pod without any issue. It has:
    (1) Motor - Emaxx GT2215/09
    (1) ESC - BL Heli 30 amp ESC
    HQ Propellers 10 x 4.5 Slow Fly

Is everything up there fine for this plane?

What about battery?

I have a Tattu 1300mAh 75C 3S1P and TURNIGY BOLT V2 1300MAH 3S 65~130C HIGH VOLTAGE on order but it appears that a higher capacity and lower C rating is suggested?

Thanks

I use a Turnigy 2,200, 40c, 3S and they work great. Lower c rating usually means lighter battery. Higher c ratings are nice as you will have a flatter discharge curve and more power punch out at lower voltage. I find the 35-40c rated batteries to work perfectly with the c- pack style planes. The batteries you have will work fine for now.
    Too many airplanes and not enough time...

New FT Simple Storch v1.1 plans have been added to the Plans Index. I will work with FT to get the links updated in the build article and this thread. Enjoy!

SP0NZ - Plans Index
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs
    : Bloody Baron | Baby Baron | Baby Brit | Ugly Wonder | Bloody Wonder MkIII

Coming Soon: Intruder | Bloody Brit

?

Quote Originally Posted by SP0NZ View Post
    New FT Simple Storch v1.1 plans

What are the significant differences in this version if any, or did just tidy things up?
    Busted Prop Collector

Under Construction: Sleeper Phantom
    Ready for Maiden:
    Hangar: FT Old Speedster'ish Corsair, FT Flyer, FT Simple Storch, JJRC H31, JJRC H8C
    Boneyard: FT NutBall

Facebook

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42