Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Carlisle, OH, USA
    Posts
    26

    I'd like to see a flying pig.

    I guess that ages me a bit, but I'd love to fly around a big old pink pig. I'm sure it would still need wings and a tail, like a flying toaster I saw somewhere.
    But I'd fly it.

  2. #2
    Flyer Of Many Things IFlyRCstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    736
    I would make it like the flying cow episode.
    Flying is not a question of time or skill, but rather a test of harmony and rhythm

  3. #3
    Raiding the Taliban Christopher14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Idaho, USA.
    Posts
    1,195
    A profile 3D pig?
    "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." ~David Avocado Wolfe

  4. #4
    Gravity Tester Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,817
    As an added bonus, if you build it out of pink insulation foam you won't have to paint it.

  5. #5
    Flyer Of Many Things IFlyRCstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarls View Post
    As an added bonus, if you build it out of pink insulation foam you won't have to paint it.
    that's true, then put a soumd system that goes "oink oink oink" fast, now the tail, howmto make a curly rudder, one have a total rudder, meaning no fin, just rudder (like the stabilator on the kinetic 800)
    Flying is not a question of time or skill, but rather a test of harmony and rhythm

  6. #6
    Raiding the Taliban Christopher14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Idaho, USA.
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by IFlyRCstuff View Post
    that's true, then put a soumd system that goes "oink oink oink" fast,
    Mix the sound system to the throttle so at low throttle it goes: "oink...oink...oink...oink" and at high throttle: "oinkoinkoinkoinkoinkoink"
    "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." ~David Avocado Wolfe

  7. #7
    Flyer Of Many Things IFlyRCstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    736
    Oh YES, DO IT!!! oinkoinkoinkoink
    Flying is not a question of time or skill, but rather a test of harmony and rhythm

  8. #8
    My friend "Kodak" built one a few years ago. It took him a few tries to get the CG right but it was a hoot.
    http://youtu.be/oatSHouA2bk?list=UUv...SPjTX_pGJasO_Q

    http://youtu.be/D2FK4nkLUpA?list=UUv...SPjTX_pGJasO_Q

    It looks like he used the horizontal half of a Sumo3D and then sketched the pig shaped vertical.

  9. #9
    marktbaldridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hillsboro, WI, USA
    Posts
    55
    There was an inflated pink pig strapped to a tricopter at FliteFest 2016. Oh, and the pig had LEDs inside so it glowed in the dark. Pretty fun.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Team_Monkey View Post
    My friend "Kodak" built one a few years ago. It took him a few tries to get the CG right but it was a hoot.
    http://youtu.be/oatSHouA2bk?list=UUv...SPjTX_pGJasO_Q

    http://youtu.be/D2FK4nkLUpA?list=UUv...SPjTX_pGJasO_Q

    It looks like he used the horizontal half of a Sumo3D and then sketched the pig shaped vertical.
    It looks weird but fair enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •