Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

FT Sportster

Slight correction
    On plans for "FT Sportster" shows fire wall as 1/32", should be 1/8" 2.5mm?

Love your work.
    Dan D
    Last edited by danield; 03-02-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Hanger: FT NutBall, FT Flyer, FT Delta, FT Baby Blender (2), FT Old Fogey, Old Speedster, FT Duster, FT Racer, FT Storch, Ft 3D (3), FT Bloody Wonder, FT Bloody Wonder Scratch Built, FT F22, FT Mini Scout(2), FT Mini Speedster(2), FT Mini Trainer, SkyFly(2), NexStar, Alfa trainer(2), Bixler 2, 83" C3 Piper cub.
    FT Viggen in progress.

Any word on the AirHogs remakes from FF2016?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_mat View Post
    Any word on the AirHogs remakes from FF2016?
    I'm working on a smaller version using the RS2205 motors. Will have a 28" wing span and be much easier to transport. WIll likely fly fine with the A & F pack motors as well. Once I have that one released, I will make plans for the larger version. Although, it will be a little smaller (about 2" off the wing span) than the prototypes we had at Flite Fest 2016.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs
    : Bloody Baron | Baby Baron | Baby Brit | Ugly Wonder | Bloody Wonder MkIII

Coming Soon: Intruder | Bloody Brit

Blog Entries
    Links are now live for the FT MiG-3 plans. Build video should be out sometime today. Happy building.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Blog Entries
    I'm updating the Tiny Trainer plans. Can anyone tell me the overall length of the finished model?
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Blog Entries
    Already got the answer, 25 1/2 inches. Thanks earthsciteach.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

hi SPONZ I have a question, why are alp's plans linked in your first post? are you and him in some sort of collaboration? or do you post other people's plans if they look good and the plane flies well?
    Always remember this when you are struggling with something,

"It is possible.....just not in a way you know yet".

designs Bell P-39

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifflyer View Post
    hi SPONZ I have a question, why are alp's plans linked in your first post? are you and him in some sort of collaboration? or do you post other people's plans if they look good and the plane flies well?
    Long version or short version?

Let's go with short...

It was well before I got the gig with Flite Test. Alp's designs are/were super cool (he's since dropped off the map a little, more into quads now I think). Alp wasn't able to do tiled plans and I offered to help him out. His plans were already in CAD, so it was super easy to make tiled versions for him. I seemed to have a lot more free time back then too.

All that said, I'm working on some plans for a few others in the community as well. Just not as quickly as i would like to be. I'm open to drawing plans for others, but the Flite Test stuff take priority. I'm way behind on a lot of my own design projects too. I need to find a way to make this my full-time job.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Hi

Would it be possible to adapt the plans to accomodate different foamboard thicknesses? As far a I know, it is assumed that you are building with 5mm foamboard. However in South Africa I can only get 3 or 6mm foamboard. Also, I have recently discovered corrugated plastic (correx) as a viable alternative to foamboard, and also much easier to obtain in South Africa. Corrugated plastic ranges from 2 - 4mm thickness.

Therefore my question is: how difficult would it be to change the plans, and make the gaps 2mm, 3mm etc sizes?

Furthermore, could you create the tiled plans for standard A4 size paper as well as for US Letter size? If I print US Letter on A4 paper, my planes come out about 20% smaller.

Thanks!

deanoaz

Wink Very Helpful Plans

I built the Storch (my first Flite Test model) from a kit which required many trips back and forth to watch the video. First flight, the wings folded up, requiring a rebuild of the wings. The Flite Test plans leave a lot to be desired. I somehow managed to find your plans and want to tell you how much more helpful they are to a first time builder. Keep up the good work.

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast