Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Still Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by SP0NZ View Post
    Plans for the FT Mini Pietenpol are now available.

For those of you with a 3D printer, or access to one, you can download the files for my 3D Model A engine from Thingiverse here:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2094424

Enjoy!
    Cool, you can order a print right from the site. It was about $22 including shipping.

Mike

Edit: and now we can tip you!
    Last edited by mikeporterinmd; 02-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.

You are correct. I will get that fixed soon. Thanks for the feedback.
    Dan,
    If you do work on the Mustang plan again, I think you are also missing the poster board piece for the battery hatch. It is a simple rectangle, so it's not critical, but could confuse a first timer.
    Thanks for your work.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by diydoofus View Post
    First I wanted to to say thanks for all the hard work that you do here, its appreciated. Secondly I wanted to ask if I was the only one that has an oddity when trying to print the tiled section of the old fogey? I followed the direction you gave in another thread exactly, paper is set to US letter, 8.5 by 11. all the boxes that should be checked are checked and those that aren't supposed to be aren't. However it seems the images is slid down in the preview and prints the same, cropping the bottom of quite a few pages, however not ALL pages. It ruins the wing and fuse. I don't see any settings that would allow me to adjust that besides adjusting the scale. Any tips? I would prefer to use your plans before I resort to the flite test plans as yours are superior. Thank you.
    This probably goes without saying from the information you already posted, but, what software are you trying to print from?

Did you follow the instructions from here?:
    https://flitetest.com/articles/print...ite-test-plans
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs
    : Bloody Baron | Baby Baron | Baby Brit | Ugly Wonder | Bloody Wonder MkIII

Coming Soon: Intruder | Bloody Brit

Quote Originally Posted by moebeast View Post
    Dan,
    If you do work on the Mustang plan again, I think you are also missing the poster board piece for the battery hatch. It is a simple rectangle, so it's not critical, but could confuse a first timer.
    Thanks for your work.
    Mark
    Great catch! Thank you. I will be updating the Mustang to v1.2 soon. Only minor corrections that have been pointed out here.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Talking

Plans for the FT Mini Pietenpol are now available.

For those of you with a 3D printer, or access to one, you can download the files for my 3D Model A engine from Thingiverse here:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2094424

Enjoy!
    Dan, you out did yourself on these plans. These are the easiest plans I have cut out and put together yet. They are very well thought out and user friendly. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 91shadowrider View Post
    Dan, you out did yourself on these plans. These are the easiest plans I have cut out and put together yet. They are very well thought out and user friendly. Thank you!
    Thank you!
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Sponz,

First off, your work is awesome and much appreciated.

Second, I don't see all-in-one plans for the Mini Cruiser other than in the build article. I have access to a printer that does 20"X30" but the plans 28ish"X34ish" so they don't fit on the printer unless tiled. Does anyone have reworked plans or are they on the drawing board?

I built the Mini Guinea with the 2204s and it was a rocket. I would like to build the Mini Cruiser as well with the same setup. But, alas, I am lazy and have no skill.
    78% of the facts that I make up are loosely based on a guess...

Not sure if I am asking this question on the correct thread or not....but perhaps someone will know the answer. I am wanting to resize the FT Explorer to a mini-like series. When I just print and then reduce the size to 65 or 75%, the foam board thickness is not consistent with the plan size and therefore throwing all the dimensions out. Does anyone know the correct way to resize a plan (other than using autocad) or to obtain a plan for the FT Explorer in the mini series. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Flyboy View Post
    Not sure if I am asking this question on the correct thread or not....but perhaps someone will know the answer. I am wanting to resize the FT Explorer to a mini-like series. When I just print and then reduce the size to 65 or 75%, the foam board thickness is not consistent with the plan size and therefore throwing all the dimensions out. Does anyone know the correct way to resize a plan (other than using autocad) or to obtain a plan for the FT Explorer in the mini series. Any help would be appreciated.
    +1 for a mini FT Explorer

Also, SPONZ, on the FT Mini Mustang plans, the square cutout for the servos on the wings isn't in the plans. Not a huge deal, but confused my friend who was building it as his second scratch build.

Nathan

hi Dan ...
    just built the mini sportster and caught a missing part and a discrepancy on the plans ...
    missing part is the rectangle for the fuselage floor (where the undercarriage fits ) and the elevator bevel is placed on the wrong side ,
    (should be on the stabiliser side and is on the elevator side)
    very minor things, which may never the less confuse the novice builder.
    other than that ,it went together perfectly and i look forward to decent weather for the maiden ....
    Hanger : q450 multirotor,simple soarer,storch ,explorer ,axn clouds floater
    ft flyer ,ft delta ,spitfire,sportster(swappable),serenity,bloody wonder mkIII.BST:Mangum#1 mangum v2:big flyer.
    on the building board : bloody baron ,bushwacker.BJ J3

flown: simple soarer:serenity:flyer:BST:Mangum:150%Scout:BloodyW onder mk3:Q450:

buried:flyer#1 simple soarer#1
    rc: Turnigy i6

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast