Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Unhappy STEM Chuck Gliders

Quote Originally Posted by SP0NZ View Post
    Official Response: The FT STEM Gliders were developed for the STEM curriculum. Since that curriculum is sold as a product to schools, and the gliders are part of that, Flite Test will NOT be releasing free plans for the STEM gliders.
    Bummer! Of course that was not the answer I was hoping for but I can hardly complain considering how generous FT is. I trust their reasoning. Thanks Dan.

Nevertheless this does reveal a bit of a void in our list of available plans. As a grandfather desiring to share the hobby frugally as I get to see the youngins this Thanksgiving I'll be looking to see what I can find so I can travel light (Racine, WI area) and leave them with something fun. Perhaps there'll be some budding flyers just waiting to come out.

FoamyDM, thank you very much for the suggestion. I think that will do nicely. I can print the plans here, get them ready, and then get the foam in the wonderful land of cheese to do the build(s).
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

You could also maybe think of the FT glider golf set. I am not sure of the plans are all in one pdf but the three plane plans are available as far as I know in Sponz list of published releases.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by JimCR120 View Post
    Bummer! Of course that was not the answer I was hoping for but I can hardly complain considering how generous FT is. I trust their reasoning. Thanks Dan.

Nevertheless this does reveal a bit of a void in our list of available plans. As a grandfather desiring to share the hobby frugally as I get to see the youngins this Thanksgiving I'll be looking to see what I can find so I can travel light (Racine, WI area) and leave them with something fun. Perhaps there'll be some budding flyers just waiting to come out.

FoamyDM, thank you very much for the suggestion. I think that will do nicely. I can print the plans here, get them ready, and then get the foam in the wonderful land of cheese to do the build(s).

I'm working on a little something...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intruder Glider v0.3 - IMG01.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	96231

I designed a new glider hook and a glider to go with it. Need to print the hook, build the prototype and get it flying. If it all works out, I will share all the files. Hopefully in time for your trip to the land of the cheese Jim.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs
    : Bloody Baron | Baby Baron | Baby Brit | Ugly Wonder | Bloody Wonder MkIII

Coming Soon: Intruder | Bloody Brit

Thank y'all

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    You could also maybe think of the FT glider golf set. I am not sure of the plans are all in one pdf but the three plane plans are available as far as I know in Sponz list of published releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by SP0NZ View Post
    I'm working on a little something...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intruder Glider v0.3 - IMG01.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	96231

I designed a new glider hook and a glider to go with it. Need to print the hook, build the prototype and get it flying. If it all works out, I will share all the files. Hopefully in time for your trip to the land of the cheese Jim.
    Ok so between all y'all (including Ben and FoamyDM) I got no excuse to not have something for the kiddos.

Thanks guys.
    Truths in life:
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

Some small tweaks needed for the plans, but I'm happy with it so far. Just dialing in the CG. Once I get the CG close, I will add some cavities to add a penny or two for balance.

-Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

The Baby Intruder! That's just begging to have a couple Gremlin motors on it.
    Projects: Spar PDB, Misc. 3D printed FT parts
    Hangar: FT Sea Duck, EA Peace Drone, FT Mini Arrow, Syma S107
    Build list: FT Guinea Pig, FT Bronco, FT Mustang
    Retired: FT Tiny Trainer, Sonex, FT Baby Baron
    Radio: Flysky i6

Looks good Dan.
    Truths in life:

Still a work in progress, but making progress nonetheless.

-Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Also designed a Cesna 152 glider.

It flies better than the Intruder right now. Also, check out the handle I designer for the launcher. It works perfectly and it's pretty comfortable to grip. I'm pretty happy with it.
    -Dan Sponholz

SPONZ - Plans Index

Designs

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    That's a nice launcher. Brings back memories. I flew a few of the dime store balsa planes when I was a kid. That launcher was a stick.
    Active Hanger: FT Simple Soarer, FT Mini Cruiser, FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang.
    Under construction: Simple Cubs. On Deck: B-25 SS

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast