Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: FT Bronco Build

75% Bronco

I have always wanted to build a scaled down version of the bronco so after reviewing the forum I thought I'd give a 75% version of the bronco a shot. I just scaled down the planes in the print menu of adobe to 75%, and left a bit of extra room when cutting the a and b folds. The plane came together great!

I will maiden it later this weekend. For now I'm running it in as a pusher with an emax 2205 2300kv redbottom, 30 amp esc, and 5x4 prop. It needs a 2200 3s up front to balance it out... so we will see how it goes. I'll update the post with result.

My goal with this is to ditch the pusher and have two emax redbottoms on the mini bronco. I have recently built the super bee with the redbottoms and it is insane.

I put an arrow in the pic for size reference. The 75% bronco is 32.5 wide and 24.5 long.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1762 (2).JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	75405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1763 (2).JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	75406

Sorry I can't figure out how to flip the pics...
    Last edited by Mitchmoo5000; 10-08-2016 at 03:10 AM.

If building with the "A" tail could you get away with just the two servos for pitch and yaw control, no ailerons? I also assume you need 1 CW and 1CCW prop?
    Last edited by jpot1; 07-16-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Still Learning
    Crash, how did the Bronco turn out?

Mike

Went ahead and built mine using two of the C pack motors. I had a few questions I was hoping for some help on.

When I mount the wing is there a right/wrong location? There is a bit of give with the rubber bands and I was curious if anyone uses anything else to prevent the wi g moving around?

This is my first v-tail and did my setup on the dx6. My problem is that to hit the low throw on the gauge in the plans I have to be at 100%. To hit the high I had to increase my servo travel to 125%. Is this normal with a v-tail?

Hello there,

it seems that Bronco isn't a common build/moded FT model :-( I didn't find a Builders thread? There are some smaller topics though.
    Still I want to build it as my first two motor plane because of good experience with explorer.

Is there any1 who can help me with Bronco?
    I have Power Pack C motors EMAX GT2215-09 1180KV, EMAX BLHeli Series 30A ESC, and Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 40C Lipo Pack. But even there is note about Power Pack C as possibility, most people using setup comparable to Power Pack B.
    Will it bee too heavy with Power Pack C and 3S 2.200mAh? I prefer scale flight before speed.
    Is it better to have counter rotating props? Towards the fuselage from the top going down?
    Which tail is better for flying experience? I like the Bronco H top type.

ty!
    mech1

Quote Originally Posted by mech1 View Post
    Hello there,

it seems that Bronco isn't a common build/moded FT model :-( I didn't find a Builders thread? There are some smaller topics though.
    Still I want to build it as my first two motor plane because of good experience with explorer.

Is there any1 who can help me with Bronco?
    I have Power Pack C motors EMAX GT2215-09 1180KV, EMAX BLHeli Series 30A ESC, and Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 40C Lipo Pack. But even there is note about Power Pack C as possibility, most people using setup comparable to Power Pack B.
    Will it bee too heavy with Power Pack C and 3S 2.200mAh? I prefer scale flight before speed.
    Is it better to have counter rotating props? Towards the fuselage from the top going down?
    Which tail is better for flying experience? I like the Bronco H top type.

ty!
    mech1
    Hi mech1,
    I just finished my bronco build and flew 4 batteries this weekend. I am using two "C" pack style Turnigy 1100kv motors on a 3s 2200 battery with 8x4.5 props. One of the props is counter-rotating which removes all torque roll. Definitely not too heavy, flew great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bronco.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	94556

ty!
    It looks so cool! Like your finish ;-) Ty fo sharing ...
    Do you think that the V (or A) tail is the way to go?
    Last edited by mech1; 09-12-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mech1 View Post
    ty!
    It's look so cool! Like your finish ;-) Ty fo sharing ...
    Do you think that the V (or A) tail is the way to go?
    A-tail looked different than anything I had built before and works great. As long as your radio can do vtail mixing you are all set.

I will test it then ;-)
    Yaw control will be fine and it's look cool too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4