Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    Build a Das Little Stick instead!

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...arkflyer-Plans

You'll love how it performs with the same gear from a Tiny Trainer - much more responsive!
    Hmmm, looks just like the TT. I might consider this for a quick replacement after Xmas. The TT actually is hard to scratch build with all the cuts, but this DAS looks a little easier.
    Too many airplanes and not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by nhk750 View Post
    Hmmm, looks just like the TT. I might consider this for a quick replacement after Xmas. The TT actually is hard to scratch build with all the cuts, but this DAS looks a little easier.
    The DAS does go together very easily, and with a smaller wingspan than the TT it's a much more nimble plane in the air. At FFE15 when the winds were high, it was the only plane I was willing to put in the air. Pointed into the wind I could hover at about 3/4 throttle! Very stable compared to the larger things I had with me.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Took my Versa Wing out on Christmas Eve, after making some weight changes to it to balance it out a bit better.

My dad hand launched it, it took off and immediately went nose up - and STAYED nose up. I kept trying to trim it out, get it to come back to level, and it started stalling and looping. I did everything I possibly could to try and save it, but I ended up nosing her into a mesquite bush on the side of the hill.

Sadly, she died. Wing split about 2 inches to the left of the center line, ripped right open, snapped the spar that goes across the entire wing for strength. Electronics, servos, even the battery were completely untouched; the wing was dead, however. My dad looks and goes, "Oh no..I'm so sorry, son..I'm bummed. Maybe you can repair it, put some new spars in, use some bamboo skewers and strengthen it to fly better."

"Dad...If i do that, I'm gonna have to go out and buy some more bamboo skewers and tape/glue it all together, praying it holds. Or, I can go to Dollar Tree, spend $2, and buy the foamboard to rebuild it as a brand new wing."

"Wait...$2 to build a new one?"

"Yeah. I've got all of the electronics, extreme packing tape, even a couple of spare paint sticks and glue sticks at home...I'll just build a new one. It'll take me less time, and it'll probably fly better now that I know what I'm doing. This was the first Versa Wing I've ever built. Besides, dad, what's my mantra?"

"Build - Fly - Crash - Repeat."

"Exactly!"
    Hangar:

Blade Conspiracy 220, Inductrix Pro, FT Sea Duck, FT Duster, FT MiG-3, Versa Wing, ParkZone Archer

Workbench:

Possible Crimson Skies plane? We'll see!!

Retired to a Club Member:

Blade Glimpse

Should strip it down for the electronics then wrap it in led's and tinsel in good holiday spirits. Keep making those memories with your dad mate. Happy Holidays!
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    Should strip it down for the electronics then wrap it in led's and tinsel in good holiday spirits. Keep making those memories with your dad mate. Happy Holidays!
    Already stripped down, and my dad was upset that I was just throwing away the original body.

I finally showed him I could make it out of 2 sheets of foamboard by printing out the Versa Wing plans, cutting and pasting them together onto the two sheets, and he went, "Oh. Now I understand your $2 rebuild."

LOL

He's finally getting to where he realizes that for me, crashing is something that happens and you learn from it, move on, and keep flying. He's so afraid to fly because he's afraid of crashing, and I think seeing me having a very nonchalant attitude about it is helping him to get past that hump.
    Hangar:

Blade Conspiracy 220, Inductrix Pro, FT Sea Duck, FT Duster, FT MiG-3, Versa Wing, ParkZone Archer

Workbench:

Possible Crimson Skies plane? We'll see!!

Retired to a Club Member:

Blade Glimpse

Cool!! Us old dogs CAN be taught new tricks with enough repetition
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23