Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194
Results 1,931 to 1,932 of 1932
    Quote Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
    Yep, love the experimentation.

I did fire mine up with no counterweight when I first build the revised version. It ran...but it sure was rough. Rougher than my crankshaft version. I didn't even try cutting with it it was so rough. A small M3 screw and washer on the back smoothed it out like butter.
    Well, if I was to disassemble the motor by removing the C-clip, which would be a little nerve wracking, I could reverse mount a socket head M3 as a counterweight.

Your flywheel was 3D printed, correct? It could be that it's too light to not balance well? It may be a couple of weeks before I can try it out. I'm going to Monterey Friday and most of this week is also busy. I'll try to get version 1.0 of the motor mount printed tonight. Then I could do some bench testing.

Nothing motivates me more than having someone tell me it can't be done.
    So I cobbled together a quick needle cutter mount. I didn't try anything fancy because the first versions always end up in the trash and I didn't want to have to waste any more filament than I had to. Turned out my hole spacing for the mount didn't quite fit for example and I hand to ream out the holes a bit larger. Reminds me of DjLinux's early mouse trap designs.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how happy it sounded. I think that if I was to put in a set screw opposite the bearing that it'll be even happier. So this is just a large diameter 700 Kvm with the protruding shaft ground down flush with the face and a needle wrapped around a small bearing screwed into one of the prop mounting holes. It took me less than 10 minutes to tape and grind down the shaft.

I did a little cut by hand on some DTFB in the air and it was as smooth as can be expected for something held by hand. If I later determine that I need more speed, I've already sources a 900 Kvm SunnySky motor for $33

Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194