Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 160 of 180 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1796
    Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post
    [chuckle]... Weird!

Regarding welding tips: I think the welding tip markings are NOT the actual size of the bore... but identify the diameter of the wire it is supposed to handle. As best I can tell, a 0.035" tip is about 0.043" actual bore... designed to handle 0.035" wire? I can't find any other size tip to try but one of my inflation needles appears to be about 0.050".

Does anybody in the know have the straight skinny? -- David
    You know...that makes a lot of sense. I haven't actually measured them to try and tell. I basically just tried my various wires and went with what "felt right" anyway - so there's probably more clearance than I posted...which would make sense because they don't feel THAT snug.
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
    David, Thank you for the quick response. I created an account to view the keeper. I could not figure out how to get it to an stl file. If you could share the stl with me I would be very appreciative. Thank you!

One more app to learn. LOL I was trying to copy the keeper to my new account and I copied your whole folder. Sorry! Obviously I need to watch some of the tutorials. SMH
    Getting the STL is pretty easy. In the Parts list on the lower left just right click on the part and select "Export..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 12.44.18 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	94600

That will bring up a dialog box...STL should be the default and all of the default settings for it should be fine. That will then download the generated STL when you click Ok:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 12.48.05 PM.png 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	94601

Michael, I edited my post from before but if you didn't see it, download the STLs from my Thingiverse Foam Cutter thing...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2528032

-- David

Quote Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
    Getting the STL is pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post
    Michael, I edited my post from before but if you didn't see it, download the STLs from my Thingiverse Foam Cutter thing...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2528032

-- David

Thank you!
    Last edited by Michael763; 09-12-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Enjoy a blessed day!

You know...that makes a lot of sense. I haven't actually measured them to try and tell. I basically just tried my various wires and went with what "felt right" anyway - so there's probably more clearance than I posted...which would make sense because they don't feel THAT snug.
    Jason,

I found the following chart online that indicates the tip ID may be "ballpark" 0.008" +/- 0.003 over the wire diameters we are all using for our needles.

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-12_20-14-46.png 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	94612

I measured 0.043" for the 0.035" tip I had so the chart values seem reasonable.

Really doesn't change anything I suppose... but there it is. -- David

What is size table to have a cutting space of 24 x 36? I have seen different layout but could not find the stopping distance for the motors.

Quote Originally Posted by bigALUSMC View Post
    What is size table to have a cutting space of 24 x 36? I have seen different layout but could not find the stopping distance for the motors.
    There's a calculator here to determine the machine size from the desired work area:
    https://jscalc.io/calc/Y1Db347ni9eckSKc

It's kind of hard to find, but it's linked at the bottom of the page about how to cut the rails:
    https://www.vicious1.com/assembly/co...s-tubes-pipes/

There's a calculator here to determine the machine size from the desired work area:
    https://jscalc.io/calc/Y1Db347ni9eckSKc

It's kind of hard to find, but it's linked at the bottom of the page about how to cut the rails:
    https://www.vicious1.com/assembly/co...s-tubes-pipes/
    Thank you sir!

I'm having an issue with Inkscape. I import a page from a FT PDF to a new 20 x 30 document, do all the usual ungrouping and cleanup and then open a 2nd Inkscape, rinse and repeat. All's good if I save them as SVG files for Estlcam. This particular plan is for the Mini Mustang. There's a fair sized piece of empty real estate on page 3 that's for poster board. I figured if I grouped all the parts as individual components, I could then do some rearranging and fit the wing from page 4 and make a single board plane.

I got everything placed and saved to a SVG. But when I open in it, it's not as it looks in Inkscape. Components are missing or moved. A mess. I've tried grouping all, ungrouping all and exporting as a DXF and nothing works. I've also got results of where the scale is tiny.

Hopefully, like my last question about Inkscape, there's a simple solution to this as well. I like the idea of a single sheet plane. Also it'd be nice to be able to rearrange components for spares and such.

ironkane - I've run into that as well...but always had success just by saving as a different format. I've yet to run into one as bad as you're describing where it won't work as DXF or SVG and I haven't tried the mini mustang yet either.

I'd offer to give it a try and see if I can replicate the issues...but I won't be able to get to my computer with estlcam on it until this weekend. If you're still struggling with it by then I can give it a go.

I'm still not sure if it's an issue with the PDF's, or Inkscape or Estlcam that causes that when it happens - but am curious to try and figure it out.

Page 160 of 180 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast