Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 1,261 to 1,268 of 1268
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
    I tried to set up my MPCNC with needle cutter to cut MPF which is 2' x 4' or roughly 609mm x 1219mm. I set Repetier to have a print area of X=1219 and Y=609. My needle cut well. However the last 450mm was ruined. The parts where printed on top of each other and measurements where skewed. Should I have updated the Arduino? This is the same board that came with the bundle I received from vicious1.com. If I print/cut anything 762mm x 508mm, it all comes out perfectly. I look through the forum on the vicious1 site and could not find an answer. Can any of you help a brother out? Educate me. Thank you!
    Michael

Did you use ESTLCAM first to set your tool paths before opening in Repetier? My work area is close to yours and I did not need to change anything in the hardware and I also got it from vicious1.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RAGII View Post
    Michael

Did you use ESTLCAM first to set your tool paths before opening in Repetier? My work area is close to yours and I did not need to change anything in the hardware and I also got it from vicious1.

Rob
    RAGII,
    Yes I use Estlcam V9 to convert DXF to G-Code. This is really stumping me. In Estlcam the tool paths look correct.

David & RAGII,
    Thank you for your responses.
    Enjoy a blessed day!

Michael,

After looking through all of my settings I suggest you follow David's advice. Make sure in RH that your x dimensions and y dimensions correspond to your x and y movements.

Also, I checked my configuration.h file and I have the following settings. I do not remember flashing the firmware before I started to change the limits to 1000 but I might have done that.

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
    #define X_MAX_POS 1000
    #define X_MIN_POS 0
    #define Y_MAX_POS 1000
    #define Y_MIN_POS 0
    #define Z_MAX_POS 200
    #define Z_MIN_POS 0

UPS rocks!

Woot! My Prusa I3 Mk2 kit delivered today!

Truly impressive... a ~25lb box, Monday thru Wednesday... Prague, Czech Republic to Koein,Germany... and in rural East Texas by Friday, lunchtime.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-28_14-38-04.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	86616

Name:	20170428_142631.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	818.8 KB 
ID:	86617

Name:	20170428_142645.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	86618

I'll not break any speed records putting it together... I'm already 3d printer rich and will need to make room for it (yuck!). I'm writing this from my recliner in my small living/work room and literally surrounded by machines already... my 3'x4' foam cutter MPCNC, the 3' CamSlider I built back in December, two 2'x2' laser engraver/cutter machines (MPCNC and CoreXY), and two 3d printers (Prusa Mendel I2 and FT2020 Prusa I3).

I'm sure that as soon as I identify something to move out of the way, I'll urgently need it. Thus my quandry... and such is the questionable logic of a tired/retired mind

-- David

Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post
    Woot! My Prusa I3 Mk2 kit delivered today!

Truly impressive... a ~25lb box, Monday thru Wednesday... Prague, Czech Republic to Koein,Germany... and in rural East Texas by Friday, lunchtime.

I'll not break any speed records putting it together... I'm already 3d printer rich and will need to make room for it (yuck!). I'm writing this from my recliner in my small living/work room and literally surrounded by machines already... my 3'x4' foam cutter MPCNC, the 3' CamSlider I built back in December, two 2'x2' laser engraver/cutter machines (MPCNC and CoreXY), and two 3d printers (Prusa Mendel I2 and FT2020 Prusa I3).

I'm sure that as soon as I identify something to move out of the way, I'll urgently need it. Thus my quandry... and such is the questionable logic of a tired/retired mind

-- David
    I agree brown is awesome. Oh the woes you must endure. LOL May your years of refined decision making make short work of your "quandry."
    Enjoy a blessed day!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
    I agree brown is awesome. Oh the woes you must endure. LOL May your years of refined decision making make short work of your "quandry."
    Thank you, Michael. Your well-wishes and encouragement have had their desired effect and I'm already down the road much further than I could have ever expected...

Name:	20170429_093251.jpg 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	86680

Name:	20170429_094120.jpg 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	86679

Name:	20170429_095158.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	86678

Name:	20170429_095804.jpg 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	86677

Just about ready to come up with a tentative plan to commence thinking about starting to begin putting this thing together

Name:	20170429_112820.jpg 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	86681

-- David

David,

Double check the measurement of the nuts that hold the z gantry up, that will save you a ton of heartache later. Also, there are a couple of places that they don't show some of the hex nuts that get dropped into the pockets of the printed parts. I think one of the ones I missed was in the extruder assembly and I had to disassemble it about 5 times before I figured out what the problem was.

Good Luck
    Jamie

When you assemble the y frame, theres a step where you need to make sure the bolts hold the frame exactly 100mm from the back. I recommend doing 101 or 102mm instead. The important part is that both sides are even. At exactly 100mm you can run into issues of the probe not being able to find the front row of calibration points. Its a lot easier to adjust while you build than to change later.

Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127