Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129
Results 1,281 to 1,286 of 1286

Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post
    1> Have you won any of your RC/CNC/flying buddies over to the needle-cutter yet?

2> I'd love to see how your CNC is coming along.

3> Did you ever video you flying your needle-cut Shocky60(?) planes? If so, I'd love to see it and any photos.
    Hi David...to start with <3>
    A few weeks before a member of our club made a video in our small gym...but sadly he had the windows in the background of the plane and the bright sunlight is hitting the lens...as you can imagine ---> you can see nothing
    So I will make a video by my self outdoors...but therefor I need very calm conditions...and a better show-pilot
    I also started to make a kind of photo story as a instruction for the assembly...but this will take some more time.
    When finished, I can post this together with an additional part list and ((if you like) the DXF-file

<2> the CNC is running better than expected...even the belt drive is working very fine without any faults.
    I was able to make a 2 test parts out of 5mm Alu...but this is only possible with a very low toolpath speed and multiple passes....but it works...and the 2 parts are fitting together much more better than "hand made"
    I have 2 differend z-axis to change --> one is lightweight for the needler and the laser and for a small router motor (proxon) to cut 2mm balsa --> the second Z-mount is much more sturdier and is holding/lifting a 400W spindle...which works very well (even on hard multilayer plywood ) This works with an additional y-rail to minimize vibrations.
    The idea with the additional rail took some days/weeks of thinking/testing...it ihard to explaine...have to send some pics the next days.
    As I mentioned before, I still running with the small stepper-drivers (30V - coming with the Arduino board) - did not found the time to connect the "real ones" (single driver board for every stepper 40V - 2,5A max)
    May be I will put this on the list for "cold/rainy days"

<1> I made a flywheel for a club guy -- he build the needler quiet the same way as mine is...and is very happy whith it.
    His first "project" was a smaller version of this
    https://www.google.de/url?sa=i&rct=j...94543715671654

At the moment, my biggest problem ist TIME I'm going out for flying most the time (depending on the weather)...and I have to build up some planes for the holydays....first in the priority list ist my new DLG (Blaster3), my old one "desintegrated" while throwing (got weak after 5 years)

Greetings from Germany
    Joachim

P.S.
    here is the link to my club
    https://www.modell-fvl.de

pics with 2 of my "fun planes"
    https://www.modell-fvl.de/s/cc_image...G?t=1473014050
    https://www.modell-fvl.de/s/cc_image...G?t=1473013060

Felt I had to link to this in here:http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...972#post345972

Hope I'm not the only one to see how this would combine well with the needle cutter to make a cheap foam sheet cutter?

Blog Entries
    I've been oggling these hanging CNC machines for years, and will probably build one for home CNC work now that I've let my TechShop membership lapse. I've been interested in both plotting on DTFB, and attempting a hanging needle cutter too. I know there are concerns about the accuracy level of these machines, especially closer to the edges of it's total operating space, but do me that just means build it oversized compared to the expected working surface.
    The table is my friend. The trees, not so much.

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

You are a friggin huge help!!! I have been cutting planes out for years now. I figured a cnc would be too expensive to buy, especially as a now young college graduate. I have access to a 3d printer and less than 300 is definitely affordable. You are a good man and I appreciate all you have recorded here!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGodFaja View Post
    You are a friggin huge help!!! I have been cutting planes out for years now. I figured a cnc would be too expensive to buy, especially as a now young college graduate. I have access to a 3d printer and less than 300 is definitely affordable. You are a good man and I appreciate all you have recorded here!
    Thanks, we're a helpful bunch. Hand-cutting planes -- and my dislike of it -- is what drove me to develop the needle cutter in the first place... that, and I was already into CNC. But having a 3d printer is IMO the real game-changer... it gives you the ability to rapidly fab and develop parts for an inexpensive CNC machine, easily capable of cutting foam and other light materials. No affiliation, I highly recommend Ryan ("allted") Zellars MPCNC (and other neat machines) if/when you're ready to take your RC scratch-building to the next level... check it out at https://www.vicious1.com/. -- David

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    I've been oggling these hanging CNC machines for years, and will probably build one for home CNC work now that I've let my TechShop membership lapse. I've been interested in both plotting on DTFB, and attempting a hanging needle cutter too. I know there are concerns about the accuracy level of these machines, especially closer to the edges of it's total operating space, but do me that just means build it oversized compared to the expected working surface.
    Well....actually you just have to move the motors further out......your work surface just needs to be able to carry your raw material plus have surface for your cutting unit to rest on while cutting near the edges of it
    I'd tend to suggest placing the motors on a "stick" hung firmly and horisontally under the ceiling, and then just have a fixed/keyed in setup for where to put the support surface on the work bench/table.

Having the pull lines hover in mid air shouldn't affect the performance at all (as they already do hover in mid air in the first place)...unless off course you get caught in them doing other stuff
    Last edited by DKchris; 05-21-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129