Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138
Results 1,371 to 1,373 of 1373
    Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    Oh, and here's the video of the new cutter doing a full sheet. Tried to replicate the cam setup to match the previous full sheet cut to try and catch the sound difference between the old cutter and the new one:

Still sounds loud in the video...but in person it's so much more tolerable.

Oh, and here's the fish from last night:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170722_235520.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	91413

Was pretty tricky to assemble with no instructions! Was about a 15 minute cut...with the new speeds I wonder if that will be down to <10 minutes.....
    Last edited by jhitesma; Yesterday at 11:59 PM.
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

The fish looks cool.

I just installed Estlcam v10. It looks like the automatic cut order is holes, engravings, then parts. The order of each cut within the three categories looks optimal. The rapids came out right and the z is set separately. So no more manual cut order or "find and replace" gcode editing for me. Unfortunately, you cannot open projects saved under the old format.

Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    So...found my mistake. Somehow I had the XY and Z fields in the tool pallet mixed up :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	91481

Fish went from 15 minutes to 9. It's cutting now and looking good.

And yeah...the estlcam not opening older projects was a big part of why I put of switching to 10 for so long But the other improvements seem to be worth the hassle of not being able to open older projects. It also has other new tricks like better ways to do roughing/finishing passes - but that doesn't really affect the needle

Oh, and picked up a magic eraser at DT - or at least the closest thing I could find to one. And it cuts like butter. Super easy. So needle cutter may be great for the guy on the vicious forums. Only possible issue is his material is 3/4" thick. But...the middle hole on the flywheel should give 22mm of stroke and 3/4" is 19mm so maybe it's doable. I'm not in a rush to setup a deeper stroke flywheel to test that though
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138