Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1732
    Quote Originally Posted by moebeast View Post
    Hey guys, I wrote an article on my LowRider style simplified machine. https://www.flitetest.com/articles/a...m-board-cutter
    I saw that! Even tried to comment but for some reason it didn't take... so I'll say it here:

Simply brilliant, Mark! A total foam-cutter system... including vacuum-down! Good work!

-- David

Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackkrystal73 View Post
    I tried a set of DRV8825 drivers on Rascal. Im using 1\32 stepping and they are high current. It really, really smoothed out the machine..

I think you can get a set from china cheap, if you want to mess with it. lol I know, who has the time.. Right?

Kevin
    I'm actually running DRV8825's already. Never even bothered with the Awhatevers on the MPCNC since I had already upgraded my 3D printer do DRV's and was impressed with them. They do run MUCH quieter and smoother than the ones who's part number I can't remember right now.

Like I said - my big problem was I was running my current way too low for the past year. I finally turned it up a few weeks ago and the machine is still almost silent (other than any tools I attach) and much smoother than it was. Don't see any difference in cut quality on DTFB - but cutting ply, MDF, Lexan and PVC sheets I'm getting much better results than I had been.
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

Guys, I am loving this MPCNC! 12 minutes to cut up a sheet of foam. Great stuff. The LCD control, ramps/Arduino, and Marlin, it all just works. Makes everything simple for us simple folk.

Needle cutters, admittedly, are more arts and magic than hard science. But, once you get one dialed in, they are way more precise than I ever was with a blade.

Thank you to all of you for the inspiration, advice and assistance.
    Be safe and have fun,
    Tommy

(old subtopic, sorry) Regarding the use of servos in place of steppers on the Z axis (and associated gcode transformation),
    I've got a first test implementation of a solution in Marlin, which "intercepts" steps as transmitted to a stepper driver and translates them as servo commands to the servo pins of the RAMPS. While it was clearly to be used for the Z axis, it can also be used for X and Y.

I've got sources for an old RC1.1bugfix version. Would anyone be intsrested in that code ? Would you prefer it for an other version ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post

Used Allted's laser housing, modded for Hicwic's quick-change mount...

Attachment 77216

Printed with yellow PLA, the nozzle cone lights up real purty...

Attachment 77217
    David,
    my workplace recently got a Fusion3 3D printer so I am now able to print out many of these cool MPCNC attachments. I have a question on this assembly on how the "mounting ears" print out. I noticed that it stated no supports in the printer settings, but it looks like these would then be printing in mid air. (see picture below) Can you provide some insight as to how this prints?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan mount.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	96403

Quote Originally Posted by RAGII View Post
    David,
    my workplace recently got a Fusion3 3D printer so I am now able to print out many of these cool MPCNC attachments. I have a question on this assembly on how the "mounting ears" print out. I noticed that it stated no supports in the printer settings, but it looks like these would then be printing in mid air. (see picture below) Can you provide some insight as to how this prints?

Name:	fan mount.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	96403
    It's been a long time since I printed this. I must admit to a bit of awe/amazement at how good [some] things print... even when it looks to me, beforehand, like they will need support; i.e. I think this was one of those things. This is where a 40mm fan sits so, even if its a bit ragged/ugly, it should still provide enough support for the fan... but I'll bet it will surprise you just how nice it handles this

Name:	20171017_163857.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	805.5 KB 
ID:	96416

man, I love it but I don't have access to a CNC machine or even get one little long program it.
    If anyone asks, the Butler did it!

The first build cut on the MPCNC with a needle cutter. Just as accurate as any laser cut kit I have assembled.

Name:	IMG_3804.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	96462

Name:	IMG_3805.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	96463

Name:	IMG_3806.JPG 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	96464

Name:	IMG_3807.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	96465

Name:	IMG_3808.JPG 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	96466
    Be safe and have fun,
    Tommy

Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    RAGII - the key to that part printing is that if you look at it closely you'll see the bottom of those supports are angled. So they "grow" out from the side gradually and build their own support.

Now that you've got your MPCNC working well you should print up an extruder mount and start using it as your own 3D printer so you don't have to tie up the one at work

TEAJR66 - Looks great! And looks like you fly as well as me with that much reinforcement tape
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

Quote Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
    RAGII - the key to that part printing is that if you look at it closely you'll see the bottom of those supports are angled. So they "grow" out from the side gradually and build their own support.

Now that you've got your MPCNC working well you should print up an extruder mount and start using it as your own 3D printer so you don't have to tie up the one at work
    I am saving up to get a real Prusa printer. For the most part the work 3D printer sits idle so I figure it needs some "exercise". There has definitely been more personal projects printed on this then work related.

I have too many other projects waiting to be tried on my MPCNC to tie it up 3D printing. I have cut over 20 planes on my MPCNC, lasered out firewalls and control horns and have done some Dremel engraving (works but really need the right tool).

Mirror etching, lexan engraving, and laser etched signs are on my to do list. Seems like when I start on one of these I need to cut another foam plane.

Thanks for the insight guys.

Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 LastLast