Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180
Results 1,791 to 1,796 of 1796
    Don't ask me why.

I used PX as the base unit for saving DXF and it opened in Estlcam with no issues.

The SVG's that i saved today opened in Estlcam intact, no issues.

The only problem remaining is the inability to open the PDF's that i created. I can live with that because the PDF's i create are the printable PDF's to share for plans. My plans are made in SU, from which i can go straight to gcode. So really no issue there.

Still looking forward to hearing opinions. Somewhere along the line i am confused and you tube review did not get me straightened out, so any input from you guys letting me know where i went wrong will help.

As for creating a template, scrapped. What i did was set up a file with the defaults and saved it as Inkscape Start. Now when i open that blank file, i can go from there.
    Be safe and have fun,
    Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by TEAJR66 View Post
    Something changed in Inkscape.

While i was trying to set up a template, i noticed that Inkscape was in the "Program Files" folder while the people making the videos had it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. When i opened the "templates" folder there was no "Default.svg" file and i could not create and save one.
    TEAJR; I suspect this doesn't matter except to a Windows Geek I checked and my inkscape was in "C:\Program Files\Inkscape" folder. The default.svg file is in "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\templates" I am running Windows 7 and DO NOT have the Folder security activated. Some folders can only be accessed by a computer administrator which I am.

Hope this helps....

I have my 3D printer working but buggered it up recently and need to take apart and reassemble. I've had a number of problems. The most recent taught a lesson. If the slicer says "non-manifold error" DON'T PRINT IT!
    Randy S. How do we change the world? ARK --- one Act of Random Kindness at a time -- Evan Almighty
    Captain Midnight! Terror of the Skies!

Tommy,

There was indeed a change to Inkscape starting with version 0.92... the internal units were changed from 92 dpi to 96 dpi IIRC. It's not just a Windows thing...

My workaround is to avoid version 0.92 for now. Thankfully 0.91 is the latest version in the Ubuntu repositories so that is what I use. JTechPhotonics has figured it out already and their laser plugin now comes in two versions... one for 0.92 and the other for earlier versions. I'm not sure where gcodetools is with respect to the change so for now I just avoid using 0.92.

I suspect that may be behind your difficulties since you've installed/reinstalled Inkscape several times... though I can't explain it adequately.

BTW I love your MPCNC and vac table setup... very neat and organized. I'm jealous...

I'm still trying to settle into my new living situation and get started working again. I only moved 100 yards or so but the change for me was/is pretty drastic. I hope to start sharing more in the coming days... I'm still here and thrilled with all the help and support you guys are providing to all who are keeping up with this thread.

-- David

Quote Originally Posted by dkj4linux View Post
    Tommy,

There was indeed a change to Inkscape starting with version 0.92... the internal units were changed from 92 dpi to 96 dpi IIRC. It's not just a Windows thing...

My workaround is to avoid version 0.92 for now. Thankfully 0.91 is the latest version in the Ubuntu repositories so that is what I use. JTechPhotonics has figured it out already and their laser plugin now comes in two versions... one for 0.92 and the other for earlier versions. I'm not sure where gcodetools is with respect to the change so for now I just avoid using 0.92.

I suspect that may be behind your difficulties since you've installed/reinstalled Inkscape several times... though I can't explain it adequately.

BTW I love your MPCNC and vac table setup... very neat and organized. I'm jealous...

I'm still trying to settle into my new living situation and get started working again. I only moved 100 yards or so but the change for me was/is pretty drastic. I hope to start sharing more in the coming days... I'm still here and thrilled with all the help and support you guys are providing to all who are keeping up with this thread.

-- David
    dkj4linux, Everything is working again. Minus the ability to import my own PDF's. But that is a route i would not go anyhow. So, all is good.

I saw on a forum post somewhere on the interwebs, about the 96 thing. In the end, changing the base unit to px, has the DXF's exporting just fine.

I have no clue how the SVG straightened itself out, but the partial imports i was getting yesterday have stopped.

So, with 0.92, i am up and running again.

I saw the posts earlier about your move. Take your time and get situated. Organization at the foundation pays off huge dividends down the road.

Glad you like the setup. Nothing there is my own. Every credit goes to this community. I am just borrowing and stealing a little here and a little there.

The needle cutter continues to impress. I am running 12.6 volts off an old laptop power supply to a 1000kv motor. I don't have a tachometer, but i have to be getting at least 9,600 pokes a minute. The .020 music wire running through the .030 mig tip is a great combo. There is not much heat buildup and the cuts are super clean.

Thanks for all of the help and guidance.
    Be safe and have fun,
    Tommy

If you have a "Program Files (x86) folder, it means you're running 64 bit Windows. You can verify this by right-clicking "This PC" and selecting properties. You'll see System type there. Both installers will work (on a 64 bit), but there may be some differences.

FYI, I'm using mm for my base unit.

I know that i am running a 64 bit system. I just did not know why mine was in one folder while the demo vids had it in another.

Either way, no issues. It is all sorted and workign fine.

I cut twelve sheets of foam today and started printing a second set of MPCNC parts. Time to start getting parts prepositioned at the house.

If all goes well, the new machine will have a 24x48 inch cutting area and stand upright to save space. Gonna be on casters again with a vacum table. At that size i will be ale to do DTFB and MPF. This one won't be as multicolored.
    Be safe and have fun,
    Tommy

Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180