Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100

Thread: FT Mini Arrow

FT Arrow w/ 3d printed fuselage

Hello everyone. This is my 3rd RC Plane build, it's becoming an addictive hobby. I had trouble getting to the proper CG. I ended up added weight to the front. My Arrow is 3x the weight of build plan weight. But it actually flew well, with A bit extra take off throttle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171209_142525.jpg  
    Last edited by Pr488; 12-14-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Posting Elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by nevenelestate View Post
    I revised my "blunt nose" Arrow tonight. Now instead of a GoPro style camera and small camera for FPV, I have the battery and RunCamHD up front.

It will work out much better with the full center section revised, this mod only involved the forward section. I need a longer door to get the battery into the wing this way, so I had to cut that door a little longer in this version.

But all closed up it looks fine, IMO

Hopefully I can get it in the air soon to try out the concept. I will likely build another to get the build quality better.
    Photo is not display

My latest build of the Arrow.

I've managed to build in an FC and GPS. I've added a carbon spar and designed a custom 3d printed motor mount as well as using 3d winglets I found on thingiverse.

Flies well so far I'm going to rebuild it with the battery turned 90 degrees so it will sit deeper in the airframe (currently limited by running into the camera) while still hitting CG with minimal lead added.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	101049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2_back.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	957.5 KB 
ID:	101050

Quote Originally Posted by Pr488 View Post
    Hello everyone. This is my 3rd RC Plane build, it's becoming an addictive hobby. I had trouble getting to the proper CG. I ended up added weight to the front. My Arrow is 3x the weight of build plan weight. But it actually flew well, with A bit extra take off throttle.
    Are you using heavier foamboard? same issue when i used the heavy stuff, still flew fine though. I rebuilt using HK foam and packing tape hit the target wieght and im actually nose heavy with the battery as far back as i can go!

not done yet but pretty happy so far. scratch built out of $1 tree foam. other side is bright green.

will finish tomorrow and can't wait to fly on saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrow build.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	101432

laters,

jason

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100