• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Delta Wing - Scratch Build

Learn to build a Delta wing for your swappable airframe! This Delta is designed for taking that next step in your RC flying with the ability to do rolls, loops, inverted flight and more!

This Flite Test scratch build project is made from Dollar Tree brand foam-board which offers a cheap, sturdy, lightweight material for scratch built projects and is great for the folding KFstep and one-piece folded fuselage design.

Because of the material needed for the unique folded KF step and fuselage design, this specific scratch build was created from 2 pieces of foam board, the wing on one and the fuselage on the other.
    More details are labeled in the plans linked below!

There are two sets of build plans; the wing plans and the fuselage plans:
    (Delta wing plans are available in Metric)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Champions! Will be building this one tonight! I like that you are even thinking of those of us that use french measurements

Unhappy Video Title link not working!

I went to click on the scratch build delta wing video today and it did not work properly. It kept on redirecting me to the flitetest homepage. PLease fix this bug asap i was anticipating on watching it.
    Good Luck,
    Dan

Broke Multirotor Builder colorex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elfangor103 View Post
    I went to click on the scratch build delta wing video today and it did not work properly. It kept on redirecting me to the flitetest homepage. PLease fix this bug asap i was anticipating on watching it.
    Good Luck,
    Dan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMeGqVGZcjA
    Go to SierraRC.com and get some excellent service!

Does any one know a scratch build with the standard bixler engine and a 30 amps esc with a 6x4 or 5x5 prop?/??/
    My youtube channel

There is no such thing as a dumb question. Only dumb people dont ask dumb questions, smart people ask dumb questions!

Bixler FPV
    Annsman virus 2.0

I've been playing through the choose your prop adventure series to try and figure out how you have joined the fuse, wing and tail on the FT Flyer, but I'm stumped.
    Will you be doing an episode showing your swapable FT Flyer wing with this fuse. If not can you please post some photos of the underside of the FT Flyer so I can have some insight of how you guys did it. Also it looks like you have used a skewer all trough both sections of fuse to secure it into position rather than the cable tie method used with the Nutball and the Delta.

I made a delta the weekend after this ep - using a very similar planform - such a blast to fly! Although mine is not nearly as pretty and have I no wheels which has killed a few props... Oh and it's without a KF step - does it actually make that much difference to the flying characteristic?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    I've been playing through the choose your prop adventure series to try and figure out how you have joined the fuse, wing and tail on the FT Flyer, but I'm stumped.
    Will you be doing an episode showing your swapable FT Flyer wing with this fuse. If not can you please post some photos of the underside of the FT Flyer so I can have some insight of how you guys did it. Also it looks like you have used a skewer all trough both sections of fuse to secure it into position rather than the cable tie method used with the Nutball and the Delta.

I was wondering the same thing as well. And hopefully swapable fuselage Funbat plans also!

I was thinking of doing the same thing w/ the funbat (which I have built but not flown yet) and the ft flier (I plan to build) as well. I would like to see those wing designs with the slots to accept the swappable fuselage. Speaking of that, I am building the delta and the slots in the wing do not line up with the tabs on the fuselage. They are spaced too wide. It looks like they may line up if the fuselage was folded so the sides were on the side of the bottom rather than the top of the bottom, but the firewall would not fit then...if that makes any sense. Unless I am totally off. It was getting late last night. Keep up the awesome job!

What are the thickness of the bamboo skewers you use? Mine look thinner.
    Cheers
    Jim
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Rcjim11

The 'Most Fun Per Buck Club' rules state...............'the amount of fun you have is directly related to how much money you don't spend'.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast