Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92
    Have you looked at BLHeli ESC code. It has a closed loop mode where the rpm of the motor is regulated to the throttle setting. Most ESCs just try to apply more power as you move the throttle up. The RPM is dictated by the load and the motors response to increased winding voltages. This can lead to RPM variations due to motor and prop differences.

With the BLHeli code a motor with no prop has the same rpm to throttle response as one loaded with a prop.

Perhaps with two such ESCs you would not need to try to regulate one against the other.

Posted a thousand or more times willsonman's Avatar
    The YEP ESCs are based on the YGE design. From my understanding they share the same firmware. These ESCs are some of the most accurate and robust you can buy. They are designed to take a real beating by heli guys and I have to tell you, I am very impressed with the throttle response on them. I use a ratchet on my throttle stick and every click on the stick changes the RPM. Not the case with any other ESC I have used from China.

While the firmware from BLHeli may prove to be something to look into later, I am quite happy with how the setup is now. Without a flight control board to get the TWO ESCs to match up, there is really no point in going to them.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Bugatti 100p

Posted a thousand or more times willsonman's Avatar
    Well, Today will be the first public debut of the Bugatti. My workplace is having a community showcase of what we all do outside of work. The Bugatti will be on display alongside of the Sikorsky S-39 for Flite Fest 2015. I'll grab some shots from the event and post them later. I'm sure there will be some turned heads, even among some scientists.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Bugatti 100p

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92