Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by makattack View Post
    We've had people's run-away planes hit cars in the parking lot that have been covered by AMA insurance. Likewise medical bills for people injured by models gone awry.

Another reason for joining the AMA is to be able to attend events that require AMA membership for insurance purposes. Events like FliteFest, and even MultiGP races!
    I remember one crashed 2 feet in-front of me when I was getting something out of my car. crashed right between the 2 cars in the 90s. The pilot was all worried about me. I was sad about his plane. LOL It was a absolutely stunning balsa glider scratch built he had for like 20 years.
    Just call me Brian.. AMA: 688510 : Flying since 1998 took a 12 year hiatus 2003-2015 : Hanger :FT Arrow FPV "Scrach", FT Tiny Trainer "Speed Build", FT Scout "Scratch" , Old school balsa trainer from the 90s, Old School Hotliner Glider from the 90s. , FPV Vapor.

Still Learning
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bhursey View Post
    It will if you are following the safety code and something happens. It is not confined to just ama fields. Also remember you have to pay first with your home owners insurance, it is supplemental after that although I hear they cover your deductible not 100% sure on that...
    Yeah, but I don't have a flight line, etc, at a park. The rules seem pretty stringent when I last read them. Personally, I would use (and have) a general umbrella policy. But, I should read the fine print on that... there is a lot!

Mike

Posted a thousand or more times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeporterinmd View Post
    Yeah, but I don't have a flight line, etc, at a park. The rules seem pretty stringent when I last read them. Personally, I would use (and have) a general umbrella policy. But, I should read the fine print on that... there is a lot!

Mike
    Err, sure you do, it's where you stand! My club, which is an AMA club has several fields we fly from which are registered with the AMA. Two of them are public, open use parks with no "formal" flight line.

We still have coverage and that includes incidents I mentioned of planes hitting parked cars or people.

While we do reserve the field for flying during the season, it's still open for dog walkers, families, etc to stroll through.

While we still post rules such as: http://charlesriverrc.org/newsite/Fi...vis_rules.html

This is what the field looks like from the air:

https://goo.gl/maps/djbN1FexF6D2

As you can see, there aren't well defined areas (esp compared to the link on the club website)

In practice, people generally follow the one rule which is to not walk or fly over the winch area. Other than that, pretty much anything goes. There are days when there are DLG launchers in the middle, mixed with rocket launchers, winch launched soarers, and electric park flyers mixed with multirotor pilots racing around with FPV.
    KC1CHR

Looks like this thread is getting old but if I remember right the AMA insurance will cover stollen airplanes and RC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Padroo View Post
    Looks like this thread is getting old but if I remember right the AMA insurance will cover stollen airplanes and RC stuff.
    Yes and fire.
    Just call me Brian.. AMA: 688510 : Flying since 1998 took a 12 year hiatus 2003-2015 : Hanger :FT Arrow FPV "Scrach", FT Tiny Trainer "Speed Build", FT Scout "Scratch" , Old school balsa trainer from the 90s, Old School Hotliner Glider from the 90s. , FPV Vapor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2