Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

Solder thick gauge wire with David

As I'm getting ready to buy a sailboat I was watching a video on someone rewiring their boat. In the middle of it he make reference to a technique he saw to solder wire together from a youtube video from Flitetest. Amazing how useful the material they prepare can be of use to people. Congratulations guys.
    Stable: FT 3D, FT Spitfire, FT Storch, FT Baby Blender, FT Bloody Wonder, 250 fpv quad

Self-replicating 3D printed tricopters for everyone!
    -Montiey

What type and size sailboat?
    I own and sail a Tartan 30, fixed keel.
    Hanger, Storch, Little Ugly Stick, Modified Tiny Trainer ( all unflow but willing and wanting)
    Bill,Master, 100T, Domestic.... But a complete noob with regards to rc flying

In the first place, clean the wire and the terminal carefully and tin the wire with Sn60 or, even better, Sn63 tin-lead bind. Second, crease the terminal onto the wire. Third, utilize a tight clamp to tenderly hold the wire relentless a few inches far from the terminal. Fourth, utilizing an iron, soften somewhat weld onto the outside of the terminal sleeve with the iron and hold the iron on the terminal while encouraging somewhat bind into the sleeve-wire joint write my paper At the point when the weld begins to dissolve, include more until the space between the wire and within the sleeve is full and it's altogether liquefied and gleaming. Fifth, expel the iron and the patch feedstock from the terminal rapidly, and let it cool without irritating it.That ought to do it.