Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

Episode 51 - History of the RC!

Episode 51 - History of the RC!
    Released: December 2, 2016

Join Steve and Kevin as they discuss what we think of the history and how little Steve knows.

Questions, Comments? Get in touch with us:
    Reply right here on the forum or:
    Email us at freefallrc@gmail.com
    Listen to us on PodBean
    Visit freefallrcpodcast.com
    Have a look at our Facebook or instagram

Thank you for listening and subscribing!

Free our Skies and See you next time...
    FreeFall RC Podcast Crew
    Check out my builds on Instagram

Kevin -
    I too had a Sinclair but I gotcha' beat though, I had a 64k RAM pack!!!! Recorded my stupid programs on cassette tape but it only functioned about 50% of the time.

My next computer was a Zenith laptop with 10Mb HD with 8086 processor - that was 1988 and cost $2500. At this time I was using the first world wide web with dos-based programs and dialing up Oregon State University main frame from the University of Montana. Whew, those were the days.

Cheers!
    - David -
    Love the Fiberglass Skinned Foam Core.
    Learn, Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat
    YouTube Channel: Hillda Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by HilldaFlyer View Post
    Kevin -
    I too had a Sinclair but I gotcha' beat though, I had a 64k RAM pack!!!! Recorded my stupid programs on cassette tape but it only functioned about 50% of the time.

My next computer was a Zenith laptop with 10Mb HD with 8086 processor - that was 1988 and cost $2500. At this time I was using the first world wide web with dos-based programs and dialing up Oregon State University main frame from the University of Montana. Whew, those were the days.

Cheers!
    8086! we studied that in electronics school. That was back when I got the nickname "Flynn" Kevin Flynn. Geez, yeah kids now have no idea what dialup is or games on disk(s) or setting an interupt on a new sound card or hard copy anti-duplicate codes or (super) vga . . .
    "Clear Skies!"

HANGER: (FT) Versa, Versa UFO, BB, Spitfire, Viggen (w/wo wheels), Cruiser, Mustang, Racer, BW, 3D, Pun jet, Mini Scout, Bushwacker, 200% Mustang. (Other DTFB) Filken’s Corsair.(Heli’s) Oxy3+, Goblin 380 (Multirotor) EHub Spider, Dragonfly, Aimdroix 250. (other new & used stuff)
    Crashed/Rebuilding: Hotwax’s Middlestick (Lipo Fire!) Ultramicrobe’s P-51, 75% Viggen
    Working on: FT Explorer, FT Racer w/ Retracts, FT Cargo Plane, FT Duster, Alps Corsair