Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

yup I'm building this! will start buying supplies tomorrow.
    never panic, just stick it to the ground

Guys would you recommend this plane as a third plane. Trainer, second was a bloody wonder and next nnspitfire? Will ut run well on 250watts motor on 8060 propeller?

Can someone please clear this up on the plans it shows 24' basswood by 3' tall. Is that 3mm tall or 3inch? Because the plans I have printed the spar is way smaller then what I have with a 3in peace

What a cool Plane. I've blown up the Plans to 135%, I had just finished cutting all peaces when I realised that Nic released plans for a 1m Spit. Damn, but never mind. Funny thing is, I build her with doubled up elevator and rudder and had the flaps cut out before I could take a look at the bigger nnSpitfire.... there were only very little differences. Nice job Nic. Pics will follow tomorrow before and after paintjob.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On duty: Proxima, Höllein Libelle (Twin Boom mod),Klemm L25d,FT MM Dr1,FT MM Mustang
    In maintenance: TwinStar II,Chip clone,Libelle (V tail mod),nnSpitfire 800(135%)
    Under construction: FTMM Corsair,Thermy Spezial,C160 Transall
    Wishlist: nnP38 and so many other...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_015831.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	662.4 KB 
ID:	87776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_015845.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	87777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_015927.jpg 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	87778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_020331.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	87779
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On duty: Proxima, Höllein Libelle (Twin Boom mod),Klemm L25d,FT MM Dr1,FT MM Mustang
    In maintenance: TwinStar II,Chip clone,Libelle (V tail mod),nnSpitfire 800(135%)

Nice build. What material is that?

Waterproof foam board?
    God bless you'se.

Yes, it's the FTWRBoard and posterboard from a local papershop. I also made a removable wing for better storage and transport.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170523_232444.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	87986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170523_232513.jpg 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	87987
    Nearly there. But still a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by zhyc View Post
    Nice build!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossedUpChris View Post
    I hooked up my new power set up with a 4s battery.

Guess what happens when you clip the wingtip on a small branch on a 80+ mph flyby....

Attachment 84898
    Noooo!! Thanks for sharing the carnage with us though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossedUpChris View Post
    So here she is all finished.

Attachment 86956

Attachment 86957

It's looks quite similar to the one I made for myself and crashed recently, only this time the build is 100% straight and very clean.

My brother likes to fly on the edge so I hope he gets to enjoy it before he smashes it up ^^
    This one came out really clean. I can tell you took your time with it. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by jpot1 View Post
    Finally got to maiden my full size nnSpitfire. Flew great although I did have to trim in quite a bit of up elevator. On to paint. Thanks Nic!

Attachment 85900
    Looks great! How much up did you need? On the official full size I have an airfoiled hstab so I wonder if that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Theja68 View Post
    Guys would you recommend this plane as a third plane. Trainer, second was a bloody wonder and next nnspitfire? Will ut run well on 250watts motor on 8060 propeller?
    If you can fly a bloody wonder with no issues then you'll be fine with my nnSpitfire. Just one word of warning, you will see tip stalls easier with this type of advanced plane. So keep your speed up until you get comfortable with the stall characteristics.

Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Can someone please clear this up on the plans it shows 24' basswood by 3' tall. Is that 3mm tall or 3inch? Because the plans I have printed the spar is way smaller then what I have with a 3in peace
    The sheet of wood I use comes in 3 inch by 24 inch sections. The spar itself is much smaller than this and you can cut many of them out of 1 3x24 sheet of wood. The spar template is in the plans so once you print them out you'll see clearly the size of the spar.

Quote Originally Posted by DFi View Post
    What a cool Plane. I've blown up the Plans to 135%, I had just finished cutting all peaces when I realised that Nic released plans for a 1m Spit. Damn, but never mind. Funny thing is, I build her with doubled up elevator and rudder and had the flaps cut out before I could take a look at the bigger nnSpitfire.... there were only very little differences. Nice job Nic. Pics will follow tomorrow before and after paintjob.
    Your build came out so clean! Love the pink scheme!!

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast