Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Building Fool-Flying Noob FoamyDM's Avatar
    I second that!

Ultimately I would love to know where to learn how to design my own RF 7.5 builds. Is it easiest to start with a similar model then adjust? just wondering.
    FTF-Build-Ruary CHALLENGE - Sign up and BUILD!

Fan the flame! FTFMM MARCH MADNESS! Get your project finished and break out the Tourney bracket!

Personal:| LPL Flying Sub | VF-9 (Robotech) | FLITE TEST CARD GAME | Kalinin K-12 | Sigma SAM-7

Quote Originally Posted by FoamyDM View Post
    I second that!

Ultimately I would love to know where to learn how to design my own RF 7.5 builds. Is it easiest to start with a similar model then adjust? just wondering.
    Hey FoamyDM, Modeling aircraft for RF requires an outdated piece of software. The creators of this thread were the only people working on creating FT models in RF. Neither seem to be responding to activity in this thread which is a shame. I've been hoping for the rest of the FT fleet to magically appear for download. But I am still happy to have the models we have.
    Luis Russi
    rcFoamFighters for the Win!
    http://rcfoamfighters.com/

Impatiently waiting for Flitefest 2018
    http://www.flitefest.com

Edit: I got some more time in with the plane and updated the model. I can't find a good balance where it's the same as a park flyer and can also do hovers. So If you want to do hovers you'll have to fiddle around with it.

I don't know anything about 3D modeling or how to do it for Realflight. But I do know how to adjust the physics and design a whole new plane in the plane editor. So what I've done is taken the Storch model from this thread and built Bushwacker physics into a scaled down version of it.

It's set up like mine is. Power 15 motor, about 2 lb, 11.5 prop. Was made in Realflight 7.5.

FT Bushwacker That Looks Like Storch: download
    Last edited by sethonmeth; 02-13-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Building Fool-Flying Noob FoamyDM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lrussi750 View Post
    Hey FoamyDM, Modeling aircraft for RF requires an outdated piece of software. The creators of this thread were the only people working on creating FT models in RF. Neither seem to be responding to activity in this thread which is a shame. I've been hoping for the rest of the FT fleet to magically appear for download. But I am still happy to have the models we have.
    Thanks. Sad.
    FTF-Build-Ruary CHALLENGE - Sign up and BUILD!

Fan the flame! FTFMM MARCH MADNESS! Get your project finished and break out the Tourney bracket!

Personal:| LPL Flying Sub | VF-9 (Robotech) | FLITE TEST CARD GAME | Kalinin K-12 | Sigma SAM-7

please
    some kind soul has the tiny trainer?
    thanks

will these work with RF8? I'm considering picking up RF8 and it would be a shame for them to not work

Quote Originally Posted by donalson View Post
    will these work with RF8? I'm considering picking up RF8 and it would be a shame for them to not work
    Hey Donalson, This models should work fine in RF8. Models are backwards compatible for the most part. There have been "improvements to Physics and graphics engines" which means older models may not fly or look exactly the same as the version they were created for. With that said 7.5 and 8 are so close this shouldn't be an issue. I have 7.5 and have downloaded planes from 5 and they have worked with no major issues. Happy Flying!
    Luis Russi
    rcFoamFighters for the Win!
    http://rcfoamfighters.com/

Impatiently waiting for Flitefest 2018
    http://www.flitefest.com

Hey Donalson, This models should work fine in RF8. Models are backwards compatible for the most part. There have been "improvements to Physics and graphics engines" which means older models may not fly or look exactly the same as the version they were created for. With that said 7.5 and 8 are so close this shouldn't be an issue. I have 7.5 and have downloaded planes from 5 and they have worked with no major issues. Happy Flying!
    thanks... I had a few min to play the demo RF at my local rc shop, (think he said it was 5.5 or 6.0 or something)... looks like a fun learning tool... now to decide if spending the money on the tx is worth it or if I just use my taranis lol.

Quote Originally Posted by donalson View Post
    thanks... I had a few min to play the demo RF at my local rc shop, (think he said it was 5.5 or 6.0 or something)... looks like a fun learning tool... now to decide if spending the money on the tx is worth it or if I just use my taranis lol.
    I just use my DX6e transmitter that I use for my plane. RF is just another model
    Hangar

FT Sea Duck

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    I can confirm this. I downloaded the available FT models and they work fine with RF-8.
    Active Hanger: FT Simple Soarer, FT Mini Cruiser, FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang.
    Under construction: Simple Cubs. On Deck: B-25 SS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast