Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Builder Extraordinare willsonman's Avatar
    Depending on your connector, we can probably find a battery to borrow. Really appreciate your help with this. Please find me when you can. Again, I'm the guy with the speedy-looking blue airplane
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Spacewalker (HobbyKing Sponsored)
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

My wife and I would like to invite all of you to our campsite on Friday at 8:30pm for dessert and open house. We'll have cookies and s'mores. BYO beverage and lawn chair. I don't know where we'll be yet, but we and our RV look like the image below. It's an open invitation, so feel free to bring anyone along!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18814485_10212909031341777_1593329046405881124_o.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	90598

I'll be on the look-out! Look forward to it. Hope the weather holds for us to have some good fun for these races.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

Hope to try and find you guys somewhere but we shall see.

As an update, Joshua Finn won the Furey Cup today. We all had a really fun time and the weather looks to be perfect tomorrow.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

Congrats Joshua!

Any pics / vids of the assembled racers?

DamoRC
    Good day at the field = coming home because you ran out of batteries.
    Bad day at the field = coming home because you ran out of planes.
    Really bad day at the field = Last 10 seconds of this video

I have several photos I can post. I'm home but dead tired and looking forward to a nice night's rest. Stay tuned. I'll also give a rundown of what happened for the Bixler Trophy. Fun stuff.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

Friday evening we had a great turnout for the Furey Cup. Mason got us one pylon to fly around, which was awesome. While three would have been ideal we worked with what we had and honestly, it was a lot of fun this way. Joshua Finn took home the top place with a bit of a fun story. Keegan spotted for him but according to CraftDan Crews he needs to learn how to count. Dan counted 9 laps around and landed but It was a moot point since the completion of those 9 laps was just prior to Carl, in 2nd place, completing his 5th lap. Carl kept it low to the ground, easily below the height of the pylon the entire time really giving quite the show.

Furey Cup contestants.

Name:	IMG_4103.JPG 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	90945

Joshua Finn taking home the win.

Name:	IMG_4107.JPG 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	90946

The entries for the Bixler trophy were not there at the time given so we had an impromptu fun race instead. Pretty sure we all had a good time with this one.

Pre-flight with the Spirit of St. Louis. Beautiful airplanes.

Name:	IMG_4119.JPG 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	90947

A shot coming back from the fun.

Name:	IMG_4121.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	90948

While Mason knocked it out of the park stepping up with the pylon and our gracious FT Mustang pitching in as the pace plane, they were given souveniers for their outstanding efforts. Many thanks to these gentlemen going above and beyond. While there were no real winners of an "official" race, Carl was deemed the winner as his battery was by far the most rounded out pack in the spirit of "Bixlering" a battery. Congratulations, Carl!

Name:	IMG_4122.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	90949
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

Flite Test Groupie BridgeInspector's Avatar
    It was really fun to race around. I am glad my Mystery Ship was able to fly (and land)! I had not planned to fly in the races due to needing the runway, many thanks for figuring out a way for me to race as well. Being able to start the race with me on the runway and the rest of the planes in the field I think helped add to the spectator experience too.

I would argue that I came in second on the 10 lap Furey race, maybe even first. but it really didn't matter. Granted I had a moving start. One of my spotters (Joel) had me do 11 laps as He thought one missed the pylon. I kept my laps the tightest to the pylon and was finished before Carl stopped doing laps. But Josh's plane was too hard to see in my hat cam video to count his laps.

Carl's plane with its large radius flight path was cool to watch as it flashed into my vision several times while I was flying.

Sorry I missed out on the Bixler race, it was over before I knew it was happening

I will get some kind of video edit together in the near future.

Thanks for making this happen willsonman!
    Last edited by BridgeInspector; 07-18-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    The addiction is real and contagious.

Oh really! Well now, perhaps Mr. Finn could possibly concede given the right evidence. LOL. In all it was super super fun to do it. Really more of a privilege on my part. Each design was fantastic and I hope to see more of these racers pop up over time as new folks find a need for speed.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Shameless YouTube plug
    Shameless shop plug

Thank you so much to @willsonman for coordinating, and all the crazy builders, pilots, well wishers, and enablers who made this happen!

I had an absolute blast, made lots of new friends, learned a ton of new things both historical and modeling, and smashed a whole lot of foam!!

And as far as I'm concerned, winning the (self-awarded) prize for 'most builders for a single design entry' is the best one ever!
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast