Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Posted a thousand or more times wilmracer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeInspector View Post

Carl's plane with its large radius flight path was cool to watch as it flashed into my vision several times while I was flying.
    I swear I didn't see another plane the whole time I was flying those circles I'm just happy I finished all the laps and I'm happy to concede second place. I'm looking forward to seeing any video you've got! I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera out too.

That was only the third flight on the airframe and, as it turns out, she was still out of trim a bit. That was as close as I wanted to fly her to us. I got a great flight in on her on Sunday morning and she is REALLY dialed in now. I've got a Graphine pack on order for her and I'm looking forward to terrorizing the local flying field the rest of this summer

Thanks again to Joshua for spearheading this. I know I plan to build a few more of these golden era racers as time allows. There were a lot of great designs!

For everyone who enjoyed participating in or just watching this challenge, the plan for the 2018 Flite Fest events is getting warmed up!

Come on over to http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...Off-Discussion to be part of the discussion leading up to the challenge kickoff on August 1st.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Flite Test Groupie BridgeInspector's Avatar

Mystery Ship hat cam view

The addiction is real and contagious.

Also right before flying this happened.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWtW00uh...n-by=tn_bridge

buzzed by a CUDA at 100 mph +!

Awesome! Yeah... I needed to tighten up those circles :-) They sure felt smaller out there!

Quote Originally Posted by wilmracer View Post
    Awesome! Yeah... I needed to tighten up those circles :-) They sure felt smaller out there!
    I hesitate to agree with you for the fact that though I was there spotting and cheering for BridgeInspector, my eyes gravitated to your plane, perhaps due to the bright colors or, what I think is likely, your style of flying.

I wouldn't want to rig a race for any particular flyer but I think it would make for an exciting race if the race course brought out more exciting aspect of all the flyers. I'm thinking a mixture of twisties and straight-aways. Of course this will require a way to mark the corners.

All the racers built exciting aircraft to see up close and to watch fly. What a time I had for a first Flite Fest!
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

What a fun race! I was super nervous and unprepared. Destroyed my intended 3s battery in a crash less than a week from FFE and was left having to patch the Folkerts together at that (for the third time!). Got it done, complete with fiberglassing the repairs, and when we arrived, Ben stepped up with a pair of 4s batteries which did the job excellently so that I got in two successful test flights prior to the race (including a midair and an out-of-it pilot walking in front of my plane when it was 2' off the ground).

As others have said, Keegan can't count, but that's ok...I made two additional circuits before landing just to burn off some stress (and execute a victory roll over the flight line). As it turned out, my left aileron servo stripped just prior to the race and was barely holding on (probably due to the aforementioned midair), but I had just enough right roll authority to control the torque.

The event ended up a turning contest, and the Folkerts did an amazing job at this, flying the race in a steep bank at half to 2/3 throttle. When we did the fun fly in lieu of the Bixler Cup (with a new aileron servo), I did open it up a couple times, but the smaller battery from my collection sagged pretty badly. Fun nevertheless, not to mention getting off four perfect landings with a heavily loaded airplane.

See y'all next year!
    J&H Aerospace - home of the rocketplanes!

FTFF '17 winning Folkerts SK-4
    FTFF '18 Daimler-Benz Projekt B aka pure insanity with wings

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Congrats FAI-F1D on the win. The planes looked cool out there!
    Active Hanger: FT Simple Soarer, FT Mini Cruiser, FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang.
    Under construction: Simple Cubs. On Deck: B-25 SS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the launch.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	91566

Yeah! I caught that launch shot. I wonder if any more will crop up in future updates/episodes. I'm still kicking myself for not dragging my camera and GoPro out there.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14