Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Tim - really nice to meet you at FFW and thank you for organizing this event. I really enjoyed the watching the design and build process for all of the builds and I had a great time (albeit short) with the Caudron. I hope this will become a regular event at what I also hope will be a regular FF West.

DamoRC
    Good day at the field = coming home because you ran out of batteries.
    Bad day at the field = coming home because you ran out of planes.
    Really bad day at the field = Last 10 seconds of this video

Thanks again Aviator08, you organized a fun little event! Not your fault somebody crashed before the race....

I had a blast, even though I totally felt all over the place most laps. My launch was especially dicey....don't know what it is about that plane, it just doesn't want to fly until I really get it going. Landing gear might've helped. Maybe next time.

I just downloaded the telemetry from my radio, so here are some fun stats, at least from my spot in the race:

Max Current draw: 51 Amps
    Max Power draw: 774 Watts
    Max airspeed: 97 mph

I don't have any way of picking out the actual start/finish lines, but we can infer that most evenly-spaced "dips" in airspeed represent the pylon turns, so I've marked those with the vertical black lines, starting with the very first one after crossing the start 'line'.

Blue and Red lines use the lefthand axis. Green line uses righthand axis:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SK3_race_stats.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	532.1 KB 
ID:	86840

Congrats Ben!! Looking forward to seeing some video clips of the racing
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5