Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dharan i will make sure to make a video and maybe a walk through of this

Aircraft Spruce http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...laircamper.php sells a piet kit as well as the majority of the rest of what will be needed. The EAA is a GREAT resource! Even with the distance from you it's well worth it. Good luck. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Mike
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

what optional things do you think I should get, like lights, radio, etc, that are mandatory in your opinion?

Find "AC 43.13" online, you can download it from the FAA website. It is really helpful info on building Technics

Ok thank you I will defenitly be using this

X 2 on joining EAA! The Piet is a very basic traditional airframe. There are sooooo many resources available through EAA for a new builder. But if you are looking for a supply house for all things full size aircraft....you can start at www.aircraftspruce.com ,they can be a bit spendy, but it is one stop shopping. Also check out www.barnstormers.com , that is pretty much "the biggest classifieds" in general aviation, looks of used and new parts for sale there.
    In case you are wondering, I have a full scale Piet project going as well. It's kinda stalled at the moment, but I have everything to build the wings, and all of 4 wing ribs built at this time. I went with the more modern airfoil, opposed to Bernie's #2 pencil airfoil. Planning on powering mine with the 7 cylinder Rotec Radial, like Dick Navratil did (RIP Dick)
    http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/p...navratil-27494
    Good luck in your endeavor! The Piet is an icon of aviation history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2