Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    Wow did you clear coat that too? or just buff n wax it? It looks much shinier in your pictures.
    It's all in the lighting

Once that has been tested and maidened a cockpit would complete it. I started to design it and I think I left you the pattern and the blueberry package lid to cut it from didn't I? No biggie without it as long as it flys for you I will be very happy and glad you took time to finish it up.
    I think you did send me home with the pattern, but I've lost it in the chaos of the workshop and will probably find it again packing for FliteFest next summer

I was thinking of doing some sort of quick air diverter thing to reduce the drag for maiden flight, and then once I know she's going to stay in the air for a bit take the time to build up a good one.

Did you go with my idea to line the aileron cutouts in balsa or did you do something different?
    I'm embarrassed to say I cheaped out again here in the desire to get in the air and left it with foam lining rather than balsa. The balsa would be more secure and last longer - and again I hope to come back to that after a couple flights.

Oh yeah forgot to answer you about original prop for that motor when it was on the Pitts.. manual says 13x6 and I sent all the ones I had with you for that. The speed controller is a 50 amp in case you cant dig in and see in case you want to run numbers for different props. The motor is BM3720A-KV650 and I believe they are both made by Detrum
    Thanks! I'll dig through the prop pile for that one, or something close
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Quote Originally Posted by FAI-F1D View Post
    Good to see people are still playing with these race birds. My Folkerts is sitting forlornly in a corner hoping to fly again someday. I think my wife would be really happy if I never ever flew it again though!
    It must fly!! Maybe not on a weekly basis, but at least once a season, right?

I still haven't gotten the nose replaced on my blue Caudron, but it's at about number 4 in the work queue now, and creeping up.

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    It must fly!! Maybe not on a weekly basis, but at least once a season, right?
    Once a season...yeah, I could go with that.

I need to get my GP Rifle going. It's mostly fixed up...bought it for $20 and it was in two pieces. Just needs sanding and paint now.
    J&H Aerospace - home of the rocketplanes!

FTFF '17 winning Folkerts SK-4
    FTFF '18 Daimler-Benz Projekt B aka pure insanity with wings

Quote Originally Posted by FAI-F1D View Post
    Once a season...yeah, I could go with that.

I need to get my GP Rifle going. It's mostly fixed up...bought it for $20 and it was in two pieces. Just needs sanding and paint now.
    Good grief that thing looks like a speed demon!

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1806.php

And a steal at $20 for just needing a little buffing out on the paint job

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9