Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectriSean View Post
    I'm hoping that one day they'll offer a hardware package, everything but the printed parts. Should cut the wait times down, and I bet they'd sell a ton of them.
    That would be nice. I wonder if they're also limited by how fast they can get the hardware from the manufacturers.

Was moving the steerable tail-wheel I designed from the crashed frame to the new one and realized I hadn't shown any pictures of it yet.

Drew it up so that there are two configurations possible. One with the servo horn portion visible on the exterior like shown, and another with a longer shaft so that you can place the servo horn inside the tail of the plane for a cleaner look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steerabletailwheel.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	84555

Name:	steerabletailwheelfinal.jpg 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	84556

Works very well so far, it survived a bunch of crashes lol. Maybe I'll draw up some wheels and tires for it as well so that they wouldn't have to be purchased separately. The wheel that's on it is the ubiquitous 25x10mm foam wheels that seem to be everywhere. Actually, I think they're on the FT Store as well.

http://store.flitetest.com/mini-wheel-1-1-single-pack/

Was that lead vs lag with the blades and one side getting more lift or the wind? That was a pretty consistent tip over each time in varying wind speeds from the sound. I can't tell wind direction from my seat here either which is why I am asking.
    BILLS LAW: Bils Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    Was that lead vs lag with the blades and one side getting more lift or the wind? That was a pretty consistent tip over each time in varying wind speeds from the sound. I can't tell wind direction from my seat here either which is why I am asking.
    I noticed a pretty consistent roll to the left too.

Cheers!
    LB

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    It was a bit of both I think. Wind was gusting around and changing direction, and the gusts were mostly pushing toward the left.

I also think my elevator may have been ever so slightly lifted from the multiple crashes, because I think they Gyro was trying to take off before everything was properly up to speed. On that last "flight" I was feeding in down elevator to try and ensure maximum rotor speed.

I hope to finish the integrated start assist / mast thing this evening and print tonight. So far I've only had a chance to tweak the head unit, which has two bearings now.

Name:	DoubleBearingHead.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	84583

Name:	DoubleBearingHead2.png 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	84584

Well, the gearbox and clutch system seem to be working with the full size blades. I'm getting about 1000 RPM at 1/3 throttle, which is kinda scary lol. Should make taking off much easier.

Scary is one word, terrifying is another So is it a semi-auto-gyro now?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectriSean View Post
    Scary is one word, terrifying is another So is it a semi-auto-gyro now?
    Had to make it legal for the ban states... And Canada lol.

Quote Originally Posted by localfiend View Post
    Had to make it legal for the ban states... And Canada lol.
    Canada is one big ban state now.. Guns, model aircraft, you name it

At least we get to keep our sense of humor - for now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5