Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Battery is 15V. I might have made error in reporting. I will double check tomorrow that it is outputting 15V at ESC terminal.

How do I check for short on carbon fiber?

Posted a thousand or more times
    It looks like you have tape underneath the PDB, covering the carbon fiber. Assuming your ESC's are shrink-wrapped, you may be safe from shorts. If carbon fiber gets scratched up enough to expose the raw fibers (beyond the epoxy), they are conductive. You can use a multimeter in continuity test mode to check for conductivity.

You may get 5V on your tests if you are testing against the thin red wire that comes out with the black and white wires... Those are your ESC signal input wires / regulated power output. The thicker gauge red and black wires are the power input wires for the ESC's and those should be full battery voltage.
    KC1CHR

Does your digital multi meter have a continuity function? If so, test between the positive ESC pad/wire and the frame. You may also want to check for general shorts by checking the continuity between your positive and negative terminals on your XT60 (without a battery plugged in)

Ok, I tried removing all red pins of the ESCs but now my FC gets supper supper hot and wouldn't even connect to beta flight.

If you removed all of the bec red wires there should be no power to the FC. Did you somehow pull battery voltage or maybe 12v off the pdb instead of 5v?
    BILLS LAW: Bils Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

It says "No response from bootloader, programming: FAILED"
    I tried shorting the boot pads and flashing but no results

FC is connected through VCC and GD which is outputting 15V. I've always had it this way.

Kite Eating Tree Trimmer cranialrectosis's Avatar
    I think you have your wiring backwards and you are supplying full voltage to your FC on pins not rated to handle it.

Most flight controllers take 5v. Your lipo outputs 12-16v.

Your ESCs take 12-16v and if they have a BEC the BECs outputs 5v.

Your lipo powers the ESCs and if you have one the PDB. The ESCs or a voltage regulator on the PDB powers the flight controller.
    Freiheit schöner götterfunken tochter aus elysium!

Posted a thousand or more times
    Oh yikes. Just took a closer look at your photo. Not familliar with the PDB, but I can see 4 small pads near the upper part of the photo that have 12V and 5V labels. You have solder blobs on the 5V pads, but you don't have wires soldered to them... Perhaps you had before and somehow undid it?

Ok, just found the PDB diagram:

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=hub5v12v

Looks like there's really only one set of pads meant to power the FC and RX (via the FC common power rail). I'm afraid if you supplied full battery power to the FC and RX, they may be damaged... see the wiring diagram/example on that page for the proper connection of equipment.
    Last edited by makattack; 03-21-2017 at 02:16 AM.
    KC1CHR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast