Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

Finally made the change to SBUS!

Changing from PPM to SBUS feels like going from racing a Honda Civic around a track to an actual race car! Wish I had of made this change sooner.

https://youtu.be/1DXivWokOPM

Kite Eating Tree Trimmer cranialrectosis's Avatar
    I am replacing old Naze 32s and D series FrSky receivers on a few of mine. I have two copters on Sbus and 3 on PPM and you can feel the difference.

I just ordered two of these!
    http://alofthobbies.com/frsky-xsr-2-...-receiver.html
    Freiheit schöner götterfunken tochter aus elysium!

Pardon my ignorance but I have trouble identifying which is which. I think I've got PWM down based merely on how it connects but I often don't see this specified. For example, my SPM4648 for my tricopter says it supports SRXL. Is there a way to know when things seem unspecified?
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

Jim,

Keeping track of which is which isn't easy, but SRXL is not S.Bus. The 4648 does support the Spektum Sat protocol, so if that's your hardware, that's the receiver input I'd pick. It's clearly a better performer than PPM, and the margin between sat and sbus is thin enough it's arguable. Not sure if the 4648 will even do PPM . . . it's always possible, but as you say, the documentation seems to imply no.

It's an interesting question though . . . How do you know what you don't know that you don't know?

The ever present Unknown unknowns. Many of the "undocumented features" are found by accident (wait, that works? it shouldn't.) or by exploration (it would be nice if it . . . well, lets see if it does!). Reports come in, people share, and we all benefit. To answer your question . . . experiment and keep an ear open for what others find out.
    Crafty Dan
    -<-' ~~~

HEY!! Don't be so mean to that quad. I heard it scream in pain several times. Broke my heat at the 45 second mark. Sounded like you stepped on a puppies tail it did.

Not bad run mate you definitely got faster and more smooth since I last saw a run on this track.
    BILLS LAW: Bils Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA