Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

Thread: UMX FT Seaduck

UMX FT Seaduck

I have a desire to do a little FT Seaduck.

Anyone with input on how to scale down? Will it scale down ok and fly right? Power systems?

What I am thinking is 24" or less wingspan. I do a lot of sailboat cruising and I think it would be awesome to have a UMX FT Seaduck to zip around in an anchorage when it's flat calm.

Can someone post scaled down plans?

Will it work?

Thanks for any input

try this it is a bit bigger 35 inches but it might work
    900mm sea duck
    Always remember this when you are struggling with something, "It is possible.....just not in a way you know yet".
    check out my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx...o5Z9_6b-uVZpgQ

designs Bell P-39
    building D.520

Scale down

Hey,

If you use the tiled plan from FT, i assume you can use your printer to scale it down. 24inch is like 43% scale

You would still need to find fitting motors though, so print the page with power pod scaled down and see what would fit,
    but guesstimating, at less then 1 inch of powerpod width, might be a touch call
    Hangar: Bixler3, ZMR250 quad, RCPOWERS SU35, FRCFoamies AlphaJet Mk2, FT Sea Duck #2 (DIY)
    Crashed&Burned: FT Mighty Mini #1, FT Sea Duck #1 (kit)
    Radios: Graupner MX-12, FrSky Taranis X9D+

I used the FT and scaled mine down, built it at 60% of the original plan size and it flies great. You have to take into account the thickness of the foam and make a few adjustments here or there though, ie can't use doublers must use single piece, folds require a little extra planning too d/t need to adjust thickness of the cut out.

You should look at AP Kwak-Kwak made by AircPirateNinsei
    http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...ghty-Mini-Duck