Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just thought I'd leave a follow up note here:

My 2204s shipped in the mail during the week and I had a chance to one on the Mustang and fly it today. It works perfectly with the 6045 prop and I didn't have any of the heating issues as I did with the 1806.

There's still something in me that thinks the 1806 motors burnt out because they were cheap (MarsPower or something like that). The Emax 2204s feel much better quality when spun by hand (better quality bearings etc).

The only thing I had to get used to was the significant extra power at my disposal. After a few stacks I dialled down the thrust a bit and it was magic

Thanks everyone again for your help.

Glad you got her sorted out.
    On the ol' Interweb: tazrc.com

Still Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf View Post
    Just thought I'd leave a follow up note here:

My 2204s shipped in the mail during the week and I had a chance to one on the Mustang and fly it today. It works perfectly with the 6045 prop and I didn't have any of the heating issues as I did with the 1806.

There's still something in me that thinks the 1806 motors burnt out because they were cheap (MarsPower or something like that). The Emax 2204s feel much better quality when spun by hand (better quality bearings etc).

The only thing I had to get used to was the significant extra power at my disposal. After a few stacks I dialled down the thrust a bit and it was magic

Thanks everyone again for your help.
    My DYS 1806 motors aren't rated anywhere near the same wattage an the Emax 1806. ecalc.ch is really helpful.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3