Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cranialrectosis View Post
    Just to be a butthead I'm gonna go the other way and say it's a game.

Technically a sport involves physical activity by definition whereas a game only requires rules and competition. By Webster's definition Chess is a game not a sport. Football is both a game and a sport.

Of course per Webster it is possible to play a game and be a good sport.

I think that makes English insane.
    I'll be Beavis and say moving your fingers is physical activity..... ;-)

Cheers!
    LitterBug

Quote Originally Posted by cranialrectosis View Post
    Technically a sport involves physical activity by definition whereas a game only requires rules and competition. By Webster's definition Chess is a game not a sport. Football is both a game and a sport.
    Running out to retrieve the pieces involves physical activity .

Kite Eating Tree Trimmer cranialrectosis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Running out to retrieve the pieces involves physical activity .
    Touchè.

Litterbug, I think your analysis makes beer drinking a sport. Hmmmm. I concede the point.
    Freiheit schöner götterfunken tochter aus elysium!

I say it's a sport, but it may be too early to call I feel what makes a sport a sport and not just a game of a hobby is the general public consensus. FPV racing falls into two categories,
    1. an E-sport (Like League of Legends or CS GO) where it is purely simulated and reaction based. You do not physically experience the g-forces or damage when you crash(which means more intense racing.)
    2. A Motorsport with elements of a robotics competition. Where custom engineered aircraft dominate the skies like F1 or air racing.
    You cannot put FPV racing into one category without the other. You lack the danger of F1 or air racing, however the digital screens you depend on aren't purely virtual, with the real quad flying through a real track. Until people get use to this weird new blended sport, the argument can't be won.

I don't think its a sport.

Sports are "Physical based challenges" Chess.. NOT a sport... Football yes a sport. Video games NOT a sport. Baseball yes a sport.

Flying a drone is a mental thing so its more in the challenge category if you are solo and more a competition or event if more then one person is involved with piloting. If you say its physical because you use your hands to fly then you are also lumping Knitting in to your "Sport" category and I feel sorry for you if that's what gets your adrenaline pumping.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Carlin!!! Love it I'm drying the tears of laughter from my eyes as I try to type. I think I suffered a sports injury as my sides are hurting!
    George was the best. A true comic intellect.

If you want to be fair and precise with your language, I think it is a Virtual (Presence) Motor Sport.
    Hanger: Calypso, FT Flyer, FT Delta, FT Tiny Trainer, Tiny Trainer (Sport), FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini F-22, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang, Tiny Racer Trainer, Baby Bugatti, FT Mini Cruiser. Doinked: A-4. Retired: B-25 Super Sport. Under construction: FT Simple Soarer, On Deck: B-25 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
    If bowling is a sport...........of course it's a sport. A type of motor sport.

But see George Carlin cerca 1975. If there's no risk of serious physical injury, it can't be a sport. 8-^) That's a whole 'nother can of worms.
    There's is "risk of physical injury" I could fly the drone into my head lol XD
    - Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2