Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

REBUILD and modify a wrecked motor!

Hey all I just finished a 3 part video series on motor repair after a crash. Let me know what you think!

Failure is the road to success!

I was very interested in these videos. The first one started well but then hung at 6:24. I'll try again tomorrow. I like your detailed style and how you step the viewer through the process.
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

What's this pwr system, 2217 at 950kv?

Hi
    Liked your videos. Josh likes for the C power system or the stronger one, a suppo 2217 calling it by stator size and if using 10 and 11 inch props, 950kv might be good for almost 3# thrust on 3s.

Wondering what your motor is and what size or kind of planes you like to fly with it, Storch or FT warbird, probably want landing gear for 11 inch props to keep from breaking them.

You might like the Suppo motors better, they have double front bearings on all sizes, and for affordable, 2217s are about $20.... the lead wires looked better on yours tho look like they used that flexy noodle wire instead of the motor wire they wound it with like suppos

Cobra motors have nice leader wires made of a good quality flexible noodle wire

I'm going to put this iflight ipower 3508q I rewound, on my 48 inch wood bush plane, it also uses common 22mm x-mount and is only $25 from iflight

Leonard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-28 14.22.24.jpg  
    Last edited by ProfessorFate; 07-21-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Leonard, Thanks for watching the videos! This motor is from Heads UP RC, it has been discontinued, that's why I took the time to recondition it. It is a Firepower 10 1050Kv 3536 motor that will swing a 10 or 11 inch prop. I made a custom plane for it that was 45 inch wing span that was a multi role plane. I could haul small gliders up piggy back for guys at the field with it. I had it set up with 120 LED's with a battery and remote switch for night flight and it had a removeable bomb release that I released little plastic paratroopers for the kids at the field. Oh yes landing gear was a must as was the steerable tail wheel. Alas it met it's doom when I was night flying and performed a inverted loop too low! So I salvaged what was left and I will build a new plane for this motor at some point.
    Gerald C. "ViperTech"
    Failure is the road to success!