Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCR120 View Post
    This isn't your first year though it is Balu? What have the international guests done in the past? This is mine. Unbelievable! But since it is, I just recently had the AMA requirement presented to me adn didn't want anyone else to get caught unaware.

What have you done in the past?
    Not having worked as a volunteer for registration, I can't say for sure, but I believe they do offer single day event registration options for getting an AMA number.

Also, I'm not an event manager, but have participated in them at my club in a support capacity. I know that most of our events are C or unrestricted events. I suspect FliteFest is the same. For those, it's available to all AMA members, and any affiiliated organizations such as MAAC (for Canada). For people outside of AMA and MAAC, I believe that's where the event based membership comes into play, which they call an Affiliate Membership.

Here's the text in the event managers guide:

2. Membership Applications for Affiliate Members
    On current membership applications, there is a certain section for Affiliate
    Members. To properly determine the eligibility of foreign participants to enter an
    AMA sanctioned event, the EM must make sure these participants possess a valid
    membership card from the aero club representing their country or an FAI Sporting
    License. (The possession of an FAI Sporting License would indicate that the
    participant has an aero club membership, but the reverse need not be true.)
    If they have a valid membership with their aero club, they may apply to be an
    Affiliate Member in AMA and participate the same day in a sanctioned event. The
    Affiliate Membership provides liability insurance coverage for the foreign
    member while he or she is flying in the United States, both for sport flying and for
    sanctioned events, as long as the flying is done in compliance with the current
    AMA Safety Code.
    Current MAAC membership cards can be accepted for entry in place of AMA
    cards. Be certain to identify the numbers as MAAC.
    KC1CHR

Does anyone remember the name of the RV rental place that the FT guys recommended last year?

Quote Originally Posted by JimCR120 View Post
    What have you done in the past?
    I did not fly anything - no, seriously - I was way too busy meeting people, helping in build-tents, stealing Andre's golf cart to shuttle people and much more . I am still an absolute newbie with fixed wings after four(?) years...

2015 I did one flight of a Bixler buddy boxed with Josh because he wanted to test the setup (when he asked me if I could help him test it, I said "You know I don't have fixed wing experience, right?" To which he replied: "Perfect, just what I need." :-D). AMA was around at that event, but even they didn't know how to handle international guests correctly without selling a full membership.

2016 I attended the world record event as my very first solo flight with a Micro Radian I got an hour or two earlier and basically just managed to bind it to my Taranis and set it up correctly to be able to hold it in the air for as long as I can. But that of course was just another teaching moment too. From what I understand experienced pilots can train / show new pilots the basics without them being a member. My spotter could have taken over any time .

I have a membership of the DMFV in Germany with full insurance worldwide even outside of club fields. But the AMA does not accept that at events... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by jtbluefeather View Post
    Does anyone remember the name of the RV rental place that the FT guys recommended last year?
    http://neffbrosrv.com/, but the chances of you getting an RV there are really slim. It's the main season and a lot of Flite Fest attendees already have booked their RVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    I have a membership of the DMFV in Germany with full insurance worldwide even outside of club fields. But the AMA does not accept that at events... :-/
    I'm thinking that if the purpose of having the AMA membership is to cover financial liability then maybe the requirement could be reworded to allow for other means of coverage such as yours. If there are other organizations that would cover here in the US then maybe a list of those recognized organizations could be used.

I'm guessing this is a decision not made by the AMA but by Flite Test.

On the flip side, if there is ever a Flite Fest Europe, I wonder if the AMA covers that.
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

THanks

I just learned about it, and I learned a lot here. Great

CLASS REGISTRATION?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but where do you sign up for the build classes? Last year, some were sold out!
    FT tiny trainer, FT versa wing

It's all part of the plan lrussi750's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mybad View Post
    CLASS REGISTRATION?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but where do you sign up for the build classes? Last year, some were sold out!
    Class sign-up is not available yet, but it should be up soon per the last update email sent out by Flite Test.

Hello!
    Can you believe that Flite Fest East is only 27 days away? We hope you are as excited as we are! Currently, we have 850+ pre-registered Pilots and 6 countries represented!
    As the event nears, we will be sending emails to keep you updated with all things you need to know about Flite Fest East 2017.

Here's a checklist of things to get excited about:
    Schedule of Events and Event Layout (now listed on flitefest.com)
    Camping with old and new friends
    Open Fly
    Build Tents
    Combat
    STEM Courses
    FPV Racing
    Amazing Vendors & Sponsors
    What to expect in future updates:
    Registration for Build Series
    What do when you arrive at Flite Fest East

This year at #FFE17 we are excited to bring you demonstrations by Aviator Paramotor! Check out the link below to see the awesome flight that some of our team got to experience first hand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZZXfM1f9sM

We are still looking for volunteers for Build Tent, Flight Line, Shuttle Drivers, Parking and many more! If you would like to be a volunteer at Flite Fest East, please contact Andre Rousseau via email at: andre@flitetest.com

If you have any questions about Flite Fest East, please email us at festival@flitetest.com

We look forward to flying with you in July!

Flite Fest East 2017

date
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
    date 8050 Avalon Road Northwest
    Malvern, OH 44644
    Organized by Flite Test
    map
    Download Tickets
    Mobile Tickets
    Contact the Organizer
    Luis Russi
    Impatiently waiting for Flitefest 2017
    http://www.flitefest.com
    Volunteer Sign-Up
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...mmHyQ/viewform

Hi Everyone,

Can a person buy a pass at the gate for that day ?

Thanks, Al

Yes! Although we'll all try to convince you to stay overnight anyway, so bring spare undies and a toothbrush.
    The table is my friend. The trees, not so much.

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast