Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

FF17 East will be my first. It's an 8 hour drive for me from New Jersey. I plan on bringing some planes but most of all want to build some FT planes with my wife and teach her how to fly too. From what I've seen from all the video's, it is the reason I am driving 8 hours

Years ago, I've attended "fun fly's" with my flying club... This will be different, it's HUGE, fun, meeting new people, hopefully meeting the FT crew and flying with them... Spending time with wife on a mini vacation and camping for a few days...

I think you will LOVE IT too!!! You should go...

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    He flashes a peace sign when he does it. So I would assume thats FT version of peace out. Depending where you are from it has many other meanings. Even age has its own meanings with kids and number one and number two. For now I assume he means peace out and not hin calling us... well
    For a peace sign, the inside of the hand is shown, not the back.

I've tried to tell Stefan that his sign is basically like showing a middle finger in the UK... :-)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...eace_sign.html

Snow is Coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post

I've tried to tell Stefan that his sign is basically like showing a middle finger in the UK... :-)

But US Presidents have been known to give the two finger salute!

https://stronglang.wordpress.com/201...ca-and-the-uk/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#As_an_insult
    KC1CHR

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post

Here the phrase "Peace out" was started in the hood. They all flash gang signs with the back of their hand showing and the peace out backwards thing comes from that. Its all in one hand motion as they flash the gang sign then say good bye with the peace out thing.

The younger generations seem to get more education from rap videos these days then from schools which is why things like that are popular.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

I'm fortunate to have FF almost in my back yard. 2.5 hours from the house. Just wish they were closer so I could get a job with them. That would be a bit of a commute to make every day. LOL

Cheers!
    LitterBug

I can tell you that this is the best community event you will find anywhere in the world! I have made so many friends, now family at this event. I have been to every one at the OG FliteFest Furey Field, and I drive 13+ hours to get there. It doesn't matter if you bring something to fly or not, this is like a family reunion without all of the drama!!!

These people are my family and I would not give up a chance to be with them for close to a week!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0001.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	741.6 KB 
ID:	87822
    FT Community Podcast Co-host
    My Hanger: DX9, Carbon Z Cub, PZ T28 BnF, PZ Supercub, PZ SE5a BnF, Nitroplanes AirField 1430mm F4U Corsair, Electrifly Seawind EP, PZ-Micro P51, PZ Micro F4U Corsiar, EFlite Micro EmberII, Micro Gee Bee, EFlite Hawker Hurricane 25e, Icon A5 BNF, GWS J3 Cub, Blade SR UH-1 Huey, FT Duster, Bloody Wonder, 3DHS 51" AJ Slick Edge 540, Seagull 63" Edge 540 Nitro, Radian, Micro Radian, Sukhio SU29, ElectroHub Spyder, 350 QX3 Quaptor.

It really is a family reunion. And if the folks you meet don't feel like family, wait about an hour... ;-)

I've been to all three FF East events so far; the first year, we met a few guys who asked if we could share our shelter with them. The second and third years, we saved space for them. Now it's just assumed we'll meet up again this year. Like I said, family!

By all means, try to make it out this year. I remember thinking after the first year that FF is a mountaintop experience in a flat field... go figure, but true.

Gryf
    Current fleet: Bixler 2, Baby Blender, UMX Spacewalker, Sea Duck, Mini Arrow #2, Top Flite Mini Contender, FT Mighty Mini Fokker DR-1, Great Planes Super Sportster EP, 130% FT Simple Cub
    Retired: Old Fogey, FT Storch, Mini Scout, FT Flyer with ailerons, Bloody Baron
    Giving up because it just doesn't fly: Hobby King Cri-Cri (1050mm)
    Dead and buried: FT Spitfire, FT Mustang, Mini Arrow #1 :-(

Hopefully the table isn't your ONLY friend...

Having discovered Flite Test less than a year ago, FFE17 will be my first event. I'll be attending with my father who is driving 13 hours with a van full of camping gear and airplanes. I live 5 hours from the event.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4