Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Playing LOS and other testing out at the field. Trying to make sure everything is in good running order for FliteFest next week.

A little testing of a minimal build DJI FlameWheel 550 Hex

Cheers!
    LitterBug

Off topic.. when this video finished I saw your "Baby tri looking back" video pop up as recommended. Is it normal for a tri tail rotor to be tilted off 90 degrees in straight forward flight? I thought the counter rotating front props were set up to counter yaw torque in forward flight. CP helis need an offset to counter it but I thought the whole concept of the tri set up did not.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    Off topic.. when this video finished I saw your "Baby tri looking back" video pop up as recommended. Is it normal for a tri tail rotor to be tilted off 90 degrees in straight forward flight? I thought the counter rotating front props were set up to counter yaw torque in forward flight. CP helis need an offset to counter it but I thought the whole concept of the tri set up did not.
    If the front motors cancel each other out, something must balance out the tail motor. That is why the tail is always tilted. Playing with a few different TriFlight firmwares trying to find the best flying one to leave on for Flite Fest. Haven't flown them in a couple days and was only flying quads and the hex yesterday. Felt really weird not having the waggles and being completely locked in. LOL! Trying really hard to fly conservatively so no more rebuilds have to be done between now and next week. LOL! Still have to get Baby Tri #1 back together after tail servo and parts arrive, reassemble the monocopter, FPV the owls, and rewire the RF ESC on the Krieger. Haven't had time to print up JHitesma's 3D prop flingers yet either...

Think I will bring a fishing rod so flight testing and tuning the monocopter might be less destructive...

Cheers!
    LitterBug

So you're 'off the off topic now'

As far as I remember on the tricopters, the programming doesn't do anything with prop rotation speed up front to counter yaw effect - that's 100% left up to the motor on the servo.

My RC time in the past couple days has been cleaning the house and yard. Oh wait - that's not RC related at all. But it does make the little lady a more forgiving of my running off to FliteFest, so it's sort of connected.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Made a pair of FT-22's for the kiddos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIDS-22.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	863.8 KB 
ID:	90667

Took out the fleet on Saturday! Would have gone Sunday as well but the heat was unrelenting.

Name:	FLYDAY.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	90808

Nice, I love the clear canopy and paint on the mighty mini Corsair, makes it look it look fantastic!

On Sunday, I took my fleet out for some fun and to test a new power system on my P-47. Had to get up pretty early to beat the heat, but the weather was too good to pass up a day of flying.

Name:	IMG_1189.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	90811

A Severe Lack of Sense
    I painted the body for my M-05 Miata, to make up for the awful one I made the first time.

I painted and built the body for my TT-01e MAN racing truck.

I got the TT-01e running. (it's a blast by the way..)

I cleaned my two buggies, and re-mounted the ESC in the TT-02b.

I figured out a plan to fix up the "basher body" for my Miata, and the VTA body for my TC4.

And today.. I drove the TT-01e around the parking lot at work.

... it was a good weekend for me and RC
    Flys up to 50 feet!

I just got back from FFE and 5 days of RC stuff.. I am now too stiff and sore to do much more then sit here and veg. It hurts to even have a keyboard sitting on my legs to type this today.. What a great five days of RC everything.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

I dreamt about building a new quad (filled three different online shopping carts, including the FT store) even though I don't really need one.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast