Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Last week I filled my shop with 4 planes I'm holding for a friend to take to the club auction while he's away marrying off his daughter. Which makes it a little difficult to move around as I was already planning to take 4 planes of my own to the auction to clear out space. I counted again and have five (5) planes ready for a maiden flight too - and depending on how those first flights go, two of those planes might end up at auction too.

But, I did take the 'piece of the py-lon' that came home from the FFE17 Air Races and turned it into a foam airplane work stand, and started on the finishing touches for Psyborg's Caudron. Might be able to finish that one up if the weather goes sour this weekend and have 6 ready for maiden flights.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just us poor saps living in the DC Metro Area's Do Not Fly Zone?
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

I am fortunate to live 1 mile from the field where I fly. Turn left out of the neighborhood it's country. Turn right, it's city. Really been blessed that this area hasn't been over-run with construction like every other part of town. When I bout the house 22 years ago, I was only figuring it would be 5 years before I had to move further out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dusk.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	96111

LB
    Last edited by LitterBug; 10-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just us poor saps living in the DC Metro Area's Do Not Fly Zone?
    Wow. Hehe. Not 5 of them. My Mini Cruiser hasn't been flown yet.
    Active Hanger: FT Simple Soarer, FT Mini Cruiser, FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang.
    Under construction: Simple Cubs. On Deck: B-25 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LitterBug View Post
    I am fortunate to live 1 mile from the field where I fly. Turn left out of the neighborhood it's country. Turn right, it's city. Really been blessed that this area hasn't been over-run with construction like every other part of town. When I bout the house 22 years ago, I was only figuring it would be 5 years before I had to move further out.

Name:	Dusk.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	96111

LB
    Ohh you need to go rip that water tower with the gremlin to really test the Dronin tune!!

Oh and was that someones house on fire just below the water tower with that bright orange area? Looks kind of odd shaped to be really bright lighting.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

LOL... Really can't get anything past Psyborg. Yeah, those were emergency vehicles. Took that over a year ago. Prolly ought to get some FPV gear on the TJ's Gremlin before rippin the tower. We fly the soccer fields by that tower in the winter sometimes.

I was stacking my planes for storage when I put my arrow above my bloody wonder, it got me to thinking.... What if I take the arrow and moify it a bit, and use that as the wing for the wonder. Mocking it up it looks almost like an f-16
    A good landing is one you can walk away from. A great landing is when you can use the plane again.
    Graveyard: Tiny Trainer
    Hanger: Arrow, Storch, Bloody Wonder

I finally finished a long repaint/rebuild job on my FMS P-47. A few months back, the front end exploded in flight when the firewall failed, launching the motor/prop/cowl into places unknown. Now, I have a scale diameter prop fitted and a VERY beefed up firewall installed.

Name:	IMG_1589.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	96196
    The Never Ending Project List:

Airplanes: Hangar 9 20CC Corsair, Fiberglass 110mm EDF F-106, 90mm EDF T-33, Modified Hobbyking DC-3
    Helis: 500 size AH-64 Apache, 500 size UH-1C Huey, 500 size UH-34 Choctaw, 470 size AH-1 Cobra
    Other: XC-142 Tilt Wing VTOL

I cryovaced half a propeller.

Name:	IMG_2189[1].JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	96197
    God bless you'se.

If you stick that in the freezer, it should last for years

DD that P-47 paint job looks great brother. I like the nose art under the cockpit with that name too hehe.

All I managed to do lately was get a FPV camera setting video done for people who have asked what I use.

BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast