Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    TheStig has been ELEV8ed! ELEV8 RC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamoRC View Post
    Wow! This is going to be worth watching. Best of luck with this.

DamoRC
    Thanks!
    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

-Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •RaceFlight Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)
    •Nitro Super Tiger Trainer (a total wreck)

-Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

Looking forward to this. Are you planning on retracts, fixed, or hand launched? Maybe scale 3-panel flaps? Tailhook?

Quote Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Looking forward to this. Are you planning on retracts, fixed, or hand launched? Maybe scale 3-panel flaps? Tailhook?
    Definitely some sort of landing gear. I’d love retracts, but can’t afford them, so I’ll probably go with some fixed landing gear. I’ve learned that fixed gear make great shock absorbers!

I don’t think I’ll do flaps because they might interfere with the wing folding mechanisms, but I will definitely add a tail hook. I couldn’t possibly not add one!
    -Flying

-Workbench

-Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

At this point, I’m in the stages off printing and cutting and taping the FT Corsair plans. There are a lot of pages!
    -Flying

-Workbench

-Dead

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig4449 View Post
    I don’t think I’ll do flaps because they might interfere with the wing folding mechanisms, but I will definitely add a tail hook. I couldn’t possibly not add one!
    Are the folding mechanisms to be automated? Or will the "crew" set them manually?
    Hanger: Calypso, FT Flyer, FT Delta, FT Tiny Trainer, Tiny Trainer (Sport), FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini F-22, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang, Tiny Racer Trainer, Baby Bugatti, A-4. Retired: B-25 Super Sport. Under (re)construction: A-4, On Deck: B-25 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig4449 View Post
    Definitely some sort of landing gear. I’d love retracts, but can’t afford them, so I’ll probably go with some fixed landing gear. I’ve learned that fixed gear make great shock absorbers!

These units are pretty cheap and reliable, just need some 5mm wire for the strut: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...ount-2pcs.html. They aren't twist and turn like the real Corsair, but those kind of retracts get extremely expensive. I have a spare set of rotating retract gear from an FMS 1400mm Corsair that I could send you, but that is a much smaller airplane.. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be awesome!

Aaaaaand subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
    Are the folding mechanisms to be automated? Or will the "crew" set them manually?
    Automated I plan to have a line out of the wing and pull them up with a servo and push rod, or rather “pull” rod .

I’ll also delay them so they take look scale as they go up!
    -Flying

-Workbench

-Dead

Quote Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    These units are pretty cheap and reliable, just need some 5mm wire for the strut: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...ount-2pcs.html. They aren't twist and turn like the real Corsair, but those kind of retracts get extremely expensive. I have a spare set of rotating retract gear from an FMS 1400mm Corsair that I could send you, but that is a much smaller airplane.. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be awesome!
    Thanks! I’ll keep both in mind. I still have a long way to go though before I get to that stage.

At the same time, though, I don’t want them to be an afterthought like the landing gear on the P-61.
    -Flying

-Workbench

-Dead

this looks really cool, what is your wingspan going to be?
    Always remember this when you are struggling with something, "It is possible.....just not in a way you know yet".
    check out my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx...o5Z9_6b-uVZpgQ

designs Bell P-39
    building D.520

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast