Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    The P-61 Kid TheStig4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NorCal by Yosemite
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by DamoRC View Post
    Wow! This is going to be worth watching. Best of luck with this.

    DamoRC
    Thanks!
    Check out @theStigFPV on YouTube!

    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

    -Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •KISS'ed Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)

    -Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

  2. #12
    F106DeltaDart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    338
    Looking forward to this. Are you planning on retracts, fixed, or hand launched? Maybe scale 3-panel flaps? Tailhook?

  3. #13
    The P-61 Kid TheStig4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NorCal by Yosemite
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Looking forward to this. Are you planning on retracts, fixed, or hand launched? Maybe scale 3-panel flaps? Tailhook?
    Definitely some sort of landing gear. I’d love retracts, but can’t afford them, so I’ll probably go with some fixed landing gear. I’ve learned that fixed gear make great shock absorbers!

    I don’t think I’ll do flaps because they might interfere with the wing folding mechanisms, but I will definitely add a tail hook. I couldn’t possibly not add one!
    Check out @theStigFPV on YouTube!

    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

    -Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •KISS'ed Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)

    -Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

  4. #14
    The P-61 Kid TheStig4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NorCal by Yosemite
    Posts
    533
    At this point, I’m in the stages off printing and cutting and taping the FT Corsair plans. There are a lot of pages!
    Check out @theStigFPV on YouTube!

    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

    -Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •KISS'ed Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)

    -Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

  5. #15
    Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Campeche, Mexico
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig4449 View Post
    I don’t think I’ll do flaps because they might interfere with the wing folding mechanisms, but I will definitely add a tail hook. I couldn’t possibly not add one!
    Are the folding mechanisms to be automated? Or will the "crew" set them manually?
    Hanger: Calypso, FT Flyer, FT Delta, FT Tiny Trainer, Tiny Trainer (Sport), FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini F-22, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang, Tiny Racer Trainer,

    Retired: B-25 Super Sport.

  6. #16
    F106DeltaDart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig4449 View Post
    Definitely some sort of landing gear. I’d love retracts, but can’t afford them, so I’ll probably go with some fixed landing gear. I’ve learned that fixed gear make great shock absorbers!

    I don’t think I’ll do flaps because they might interfere with the wing folding mechanisms, but I will definitely add a tail hook. I couldn’t possibly not add one!
    These units are pretty cheap and reliable, just need some 5mm wire for the strut: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...ount-2pcs.html. They aren't twist and turn like the real Corsair, but those kind of retracts get extremely expensive. I have a spare set of rotating retract gear from an FMS 1400mm Corsair that I could send you, but that is a much smaller airplane.. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be awesome!

  7. #17
    Sir Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    25
    Aaaaaand subscribed.

  8. #18
    The P-61 Kid TheStig4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NorCal by Yosemite
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
    Are the folding mechanisms to be automated? Or will the "crew" set them manually?
    Automated I plan to have a line out of the wing and pull them up with a servo and push rod, or rather “pull” rod .

    I’ll also delay them so they take look scale as they go up!
    Check out @theStigFPV on YouTube!

    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

    -Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •KISS'ed Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)

    -Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

  9. #19
    The P-61 Kid TheStig4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NorCal by Yosemite
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    These units are pretty cheap and reliable, just need some 5mm wire for the strut: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...ount-2pcs.html. They aren't twist and turn like the real Corsair, but those kind of retracts get extremely expensive. I have a spare set of rotating retract gear from an FMS 1400mm Corsair that I could send you, but that is a much smaller airplane.. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be awesome!
    Thanks! I’ll keep both in mind. I still have a long way to go though before I get to that stage.

    At the same time, though, I don’t want them to be an afterthought like the landing gear on the P-61.
    Check out @theStigFPV on YouTube!

    -Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub (for sale!)

    -Workbench
    •500% FT Corsair (ya, I’m nuts)
    •KISS'ed Alien RR5 (it's a never ending project)
    •Ridiculously Fast FT Arrow (needs a higher c-rated battery)

    -Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer (don't buy it! It catches fire!), •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •FT Arrow •Lots of my dumb or not so dumb Scratch Builds!

  10. #20
    WWII fanatic Grifflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    428
    this looks really cool, what is your wingspan going to be?
    Always remember this when you are struggling with something,

    "It is possible.....just not in a way you know yet".

    designs Bell P-39

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •