Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What kind of speed are ya expecting from this rockyboy?

Speed wise, she goes faster than my thumbs do on 3s - I don't have the nerves to try 4s on it. Probably only in the 60 mph range with 3s and 7x5 prop - with a more aggressive prop and 4s and the laminating she should do 90. Laine says the balsa ones will do 120 with appropriate encouragement.

Laine also helped me check out the setup and get it trimmed out - it's very handy to have the designer present for the maiden flight - I highly recommend it! Flies great - tracks where you point it and screams as it flies by

Joker, I'll look up the specific laminating video I followed - it was from Mrs. FlashGangster following the technique she showed Bixler in Texas.

Basic steps are: paint epp, spray with 3m77, apply pinstriping, then apply doculam.

It doesn't stretch around compound curves (like wing tips) at all, but when sliced and overlapped, the seam almost disappears when heated.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

A thousand pints of lite. Joker 53150's Avatar
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

After seeing what Laine did to two Cuda's at Flite Fest I think it's safe to say they'll easily do more than 100 MPH! That kind of speed straight down into the ground made for an impressive crater!

My EPP Cuda will be built with his recommended electronics, using a Fun Fighter motor capable of 3S or 4S. If you've got it set up and stable at full speed on 3S, you'll really need to try it with 4S. The first few times I did that with a Fun Fighter I was shaking during and after the flight, but the speed is addictive and now 3S just feels boring! Running the Fun Fighters at Flite Fest was like going to a drag race in a "sleeper" car. People didn't expect much out of it and were amazed at just how fast it went!
    Joker

Balsa dust is a wonderful thing, make some today!

I'm still skeered of this thing on 4s.... But, I have this 4s1800 sitting with me that's almost the exact same size and weight as my 3s2200.... and it doesn't look too evil all by itself....

Also, it turns out the video I was thinking of is the very same one @CrashRecovery mentioned

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Ok it looked all tasty in the first post.. now ya had ta go and paint it an all melty chocolate brown.. I was wrong it is not a stale peep it is a full on smores.. Now I must go find something chocolate to eat..

Is this the one you had hanging in Laines Booth?
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

A thousand pints of lite. Joker 53150's Avatar
    Thanks for the link, I'll have to do a little planning before getting it started!
    Joker

Balsa dust is a wonderful thing, make some today!

Flight report: I got the EPP Cuda out to the field a week ago on 3s2200 and was amazed with how well she felt. Somehow the nerves I had at Flite Fest weren't there, and she felt very solid and responsive in the air. The color scheme is great for orientation, and she has as close to unlimited vertical as I'm willing to use She's a keeper alright, and if the Balsa Cuda handles this well (or better) I'll be a very happy flyer indeed with the pair of these.

But I'm not going to maiden the Balsa Cuda until after the next RC Club meeting so I get at least once chance to show her off before I risk turning her into a pile of splinters

Oh you got that easy mate. You just gotta keep your throttle fingers in check when you rip the balsa Cuda. Your build skills and set up skill is pretty much spot on at this point with all the things you have done this last year. Weathers good for a couple days up here. Not sure how much of the Irma rain you are / will be getting here soon if it has not already hit where you are. Get it in the air!!!
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Club meeting next Thursday - tentative maiden for the Balsa Cuda next Saturday or Sunday depending on family activities.

Irma has gone far enough inland that we didn't get anything more than a little rain - very lucky compared to so many people.

Now if Jose just keeps imitating congress by going in circles accomplishing nothing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2