Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard

FF East 2017 Build Series Question

If I sign up for a build series at FF East 2017, I understand that results in building one aircraft. My question is, how much of my family can I bring along for the build? If I want to include my child, wife, a friend, and all work on building the aircraft together, how many people can I bring for one paid session in the build series?

Great question. Last year we had no limit on how many peoplr could assist the builder. For room though that could get a little tight. I believe we could accommodate if needed. The thing to remember for the build os all tools are supplied based on one builder.
    So as long as they share well it should not be an issue.

Eddie Black
    "............in the ding ding"

It's all part of the plan lrussi750's Avatar
    The hosts and event staff at Flitefest go out of there way to make sure everyone has a good time. I speak for experience from all the prior east events . I just want to make sure my building buddy gets a seat next to the future Mrs Black! I think this will be a yearly tradition Eddie!
    Luis Russi
    Impatiently waiting for Flitefest 2017
    http://www.flitefest.com
    Volunteer Sign-Up
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...mmHyQ/viewform

Thanks everyone! I'd like to include my daughter, wife, and a friend in the build experience and let everyone have a hand in at least some part of the build. I know that if everyone brought a sizable group, we'd run out of space in the build series tent, so I understand having a practical limit, just wondered what that might be, or what happened at previous events.

This is great info I was wondering the same thing. We would love to do the build series but would love to do it as a family there is four of us, might have to sign two of us up. What has the cost of the build series been in the past, any idea what it will cost approximately? Do you sign up at the event or prior? This is our first Flite Fest if you cant tell.

Flite Test Groupie BridgeInspector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator99 View Post
    This is great info I was wondering the same thing. We would love to do the build series but would love to do it as a family there is four of us, might have to sign two of us up. What has the cost of the build series been in the past, any idea what it will cost approximately? Do you sign up at the event or prior? This is our first Flite Fest if you cant tell.
    You will need to sign up prior to event. I would image it would be through Eventbrite as before. For FFE16, it was around $30 for the FT Tiny Trainer build kit with the FT Community Cast dudes. The cost didn't include a power pack at FF16 but we were surprised by Emax with free power packs (Super Cool!). The FT Arrow build at FFW17 was $85 but included speed build kit and power pack. I would guess the $85 range is where they should be at for this years East event.

The set up at FFE16 was two builds per table. At our build table, my daughter built along side a woman (name escapes me). I sat at one end of the table and the woman's father sat on the other end to assist and /or watch. Most of the tables appeared to have one builder and one assistant (ie. parent) at them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8584.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	875.7 KB 
ID:	89552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8586.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	89553

I am hoping to do the new FT Simple Cub with my daughter this year, as she is most interested in the Cub and STEM this year.

See ya there!
    -Aaron (and Hannah)
    The addiction is real and contagious.

Posted a thousand or more times willsonman's Avatar
    My understanding is that the builds like these will indeed require payment of some sort to cover the cost of parts and kits. Other sessions as part of the building series that are more Q&A or lecture styles will not require a cost as there are no goods to cover. For example, my Bugatti build Q&A session will not require registration (as far as I know) so feel free to show up and go as you please.
    "It'll fly... probably"

Current active build:
    Bugatti 100p