Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeInspector View Post
    This made me think. Was this an AMA event? I was never asked for our AMA numbers that I remember.
    I thought AMA numbers were requested in the registration app online, but it wasn't an officially AMA sanctioned event per the AMA's calendar.

https://www.modelaircraft.org/events...f2017&dis=none
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Tip Stalls are Real!!! (and snakes have legs) earthsciteach's Avatar
    The interference issue has been there since year one. And, it happens regardless of the number of people flying. Mike Finley, Chris Roncaglione, Mike Kuhlins, Andre Rousseau, Luis Russi and I flew there over Memorial Day weekend. I lost signal to my quad and my Radian while flying. Both crashed as a result. There seems to be something blasting intermittently on 2.4 Ghz. Our best guess is that it is some kind of communication associated with the oil wells on the property.
    Self-appointed Flite Test Forum Ambassador

Official Winner of the Flite Test Forum STOL Build Contest

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    I thought AMA numbers were requested in the registration app online, but it wasn't an officially AMA sanctioned event per the AMA's calendar.

https://www.modelaircraft.org/events...f2017&dis=none
    Does anyone know who the CD was for the event? I mean the AMA recognized CD?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Does anyone know who the CD was for the event? I mean the AMA recognized CD?
    As stated, it's not an AMA sanctioned event so there wasn't an AMA CD. (Unless one of the FT staffers know differently and corrects me)

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

From the FAQ:

Will this be an AMA insured Event?

Yes, it will be necessary for the event to be insured and safe. This will be an AMA event and we will be observing all AMA safety codes during the event. An AMA License will be mandatory for all pilots. This will be checked at registration, where pilot badges will be issued for the event. Current MAAC Canadian Memberships will also be honored. If you havenít already, you will need to join or renew your AMA license before the event:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    From the FAQ:

Will this be an AMA insured Event?

Yes, it will be necessary for the event to be insured and safe. This will be an AMA event and we will be observing all AMA safety codes during the event. An AMA License will be mandatory for all pilots. This will be checked at registration, where pilot badges will be issued for the event. Current MAAC Canadian Memberships will also be honored. If you havenít already, you will need to join or renew your AMA license before the event:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx
    I knew pilots were required to have AMA membership, but the line of this being an AMA event seems to indicate it should be in the AMA's calendar of sanctioned events - I wonder why it doesn't show up there?

And now I'm equally curious who the CD is...

I specifically got my AMA just for FFE17 because from what I read / heard/ saw that it was a requirement to fly at FFE17. I did not how ever read anywhere it being an official event for AMA. I think the AMA was required to make sure some sort of coverage for individuals was in place and not tax Mr. Furey's property insurance, and I assume Flite Test had something to cover the event as well since they are the official proprietors.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    I knew pilots were required to have AMA membership, but the line of this being an AMA event seems to indicate it should be in the AMA's calendar of sanctioned events - I wonder why it doesn't show up there?

And now I'm equally curious who the CD is...
    I asked the guy in the AMA tent this year why it's not on the calendar. He didnt want to say too much. Basicly stated the rules are followed a bit to loosely to be an official AMA event. And I'm ok with that..

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy P View Post
    I asked the guy in the AMA tent this year why it's not on the calendar. He didnt want to say too much. Basicly stated the rules are followed a bit to loosely to be an official AMA event. And I'm ok with that..
    LOL! That makes sense

Flite Test Groupie BridgeInspector's Avatar
    I think these forms we signed at registration basically said your are there at your own risk and you can not sue anybody for anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3008smaller.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	92636
    The addiction is real and contagious.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6