Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Might be time for the maiden in the morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20171110_14_30_13_Pro.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	97753

Lutefisk Micro

Wow, that is so cool!! I hope you make a video on the micro, can't wait to see it in flight! Good work as always!!!

Lessons were learned. . . I think I have found the size / aspect ratio limit for a paramotor wing. Next is to take the AR down to 3.5 from 5.1 to try and tame some of the instability. I found that even the slightest of control inputs sent the wing into a death spiral. So. . . by making a less efficient wing I am hoping to get it to behave a bit better.

Name:	20171112_014823359_iOS.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	97840

Working on a chunkier wing:

Name:	wing1.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	97841

Cool

Aw man, that's too bad! Way to persevere though! Will you be able to re-use the fabric and just re-rig it, or will it have to be completely rebuilt?
    By the way, my wife and I worked hard today on our wing, and got it all rigged! Just a few finishing touches on the cart, and she'll fly! I tried kiting it quite a few times(inside) and boy am I excited! It leaps up and wants to fly! Just seeing it wanting to fly like that makes it completely worth all the work. I'm planning to post a video of it, but probably not the maiden because I'm kinda nervous, I've never flown one of these before. Thanks again for making these plans available James!
    -Brent-

It's alright - I've had to trash a lot more wings than this - and I have accumulated about 10 yards of material over the last couple of years, so no worries there. I'll just make a new one and hone my skills in the process!

Great news on your wing! The first time you kite a new wing, it's pretty amazing - be sure to practice your launch and watch my flight prep video a few times until you are fairly comfortable with the inflation and release. Also, if you have issues with wingtip collapses dial in a bit of brake pressure (not too much). These single skin wings are a little finicky about having enough pressure in the canopy. Once you have it dialed in, it will fly the same every launch!

I'm glad you are enjoying the process and look forward to seeing your video!

-James

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10